07

chapter seven — hi dahye

dahye was on her bed staring at the ceiling alone in her dorm room since kyungji decided to leave and go shopping. she sighed, thinking about jeno as always. then it hit her, "why did jeno never call or text?" and "he doesn't know i feel the same". she threw her pillow at the wall out of frustration and continued staring at the ceiling.

'ding!'

a message distracted her and her "i need jeno" moment. the message, as expected was from jeno.

hi dahye
~jeno<3

oh crap i haven't changed his phone number name.

hey jeno
she texted back.

umm
do you want to get some coffe and tea?
tomorrow?
~jeno

sure i don't have plans anyway
where?

the wayv cafe
i'll be waiting at three pm
sounds good?
~jeno

yeah sure
see you tomorrow

👋🏻👋🏻
~jeno

dahye turned her phone off and had a little dance party due to her happiness. she was jumping around when the door opened and kyungji walked in with two bags of pull&bear paper bags.
"are you possessed?"
she asked, looking at dahye with a "what the heck" look.
"no it's just"
"what?"
"jeno!!"
dahye shook kyungji's shoulders.
"what about jeno?"
"he asked me to get coffee and tea with him!"
dahye exclaimed and continued jumping around.
"woah, he knows you don't drink coffee"
"and congrats for going to meet him again"
kyunji clapped her hands.

"why aren't you excited?"
dahye whined.
"because i saw it coming"
kyungji shrugged, placing her clothes in the washing machine.
"now go sleep you don't wanna look like a zombie when you meet him tomorrow"
she said and dahye laughed before leaving.

she went to bed and forced herself to sleep or else she would end up sleeping at 4 am because she is that excited. dahye was still in disbelief, that was their first text conversation after three years. even jeno's name was still the same, "jeno<3", but dahye changed it so it wouldn't look weird.