01

chapter one — i'll come back, wait for me

"you're twenty one years old now, no boyfriend yet?"
a girl asked.
"no, kyungji. not yet. i can't find anyone when there's only one boy who i could never forget and still love"
dahye sighed, sipping her iced tea.

flashback to three years back

"dahye, i'm so sorry i have to leave"
jeno apologized holding onto dahye. they were now standing in front of the airport's boarding area as jeno had to leave to australia for university.
"what happened to our promise to never leave each other?"
dahye asked with tears streaming down her face.
"i'll come back, wait for me"
he replied giving her a hug before hugging his family and friends. jeno then waved and walked to the boarding area, dragging his suitcase with him.

from that day on, dahye would always cry herself to sleep they were 7,020 kilometers away from each other. all her friends would come by to cheer her up and she would feel better but it isn't the same without jeno. dahye would study in australia too if she could, it has always been her dream to, but she just wasn't able to, so she studied in a university in korea instead. what happened to the two you may ask? they broke up. yes, you read that right, they did. jeno was busy with his studies in australia while dahye was busy with her studies in korea. they barely had the time to talk and long distance just wasn't working for them.

present ; end of flashback

and now, three years later, dahye finally got the chance to study in australia from her university and just maybe, she'll be able to meet jeno again.

"but if you had the chance to be with him again, would you take it?"
kyungji, a friend dahye made in university, asked.
"of course, i will. i still really do like him after all these years, but he probably has someone else by now"
dahye sighed.
"you'll never know unless you meet him, go send him a text"
"no, that would be weird sending him a text after all these years"
she replied.
"whatever you say, i'll go to the toilet be right back"
kyungji left dahye alone.

"that guy reminds me of jeno but everything reminds me of jeno, oh he has an eye smile. and that mole under his eye- wait mole under his eye?"
dahye talked to herself looking at one particular person outside the cafe, talking to his friends.