04

chapter four — jeno...

"so what were you and vernon up to last night?"
dahye asked kyungji before stuffing her mouth with a sandwich.
"not much, we just watched a movie and ate then, that's about it"
she shrugged, stabbing her bacon with a fork.
"what about you, what were you and your missing your ex boyfie doing?"
kyungji asked laughing and dahye threw a piece of lettuce from her sandwich at kyungji, which hit her face then fell on her plate.
"shut yo mouth up"
dahye threatened pointing her knife at kyunji.
"put the knife down sweetie"
kyunji said and took a bite of the lettuce that flew from dahye's plate to hers.
"yuck, lettuce. why do you like these?"
kyunji made a disgusted face.

"it's good for you, obviously. plus, it doesn't really taste like anything"
"yeah, i'd choose broccolis over lettuce any day. and i'll be getting ready for today's class"
kyunji said, placing her plates in the sink.
after dahye was done with her sandwich, she also got ready for the class then, they both exited their dorm room and went to their university.

the class ended and the entire time, dahye was taking down notes while kyunji was on her phone. the professor walked out and some students also walked out to grab lunch.
"can we skip the next class? or lecture, whatever it is?"
kyunji asked while whining.
"no, we have to study"
dahye replied, sighing and shaking her head.

~

"can we go to starbucks?"
kyunji asked and dahye nodded, they left the university and went to the nearest starbucks. kyunji ordered an americano while dahye ordered a green tea latte.
"lame, you can't drink coffee?"
kyunji teased, sipping her americano.
"well, i don't want to stay up all night and have eyebags"
dahye fired back.
"you didn't have to attack me like that but, okay"
they walked back to their dorm room and kyunji has yet another date with vernon.
"have fun!"
dahye shouted from her room then heard kyunji replied a "thanks" and the door opening then closing.

"i should probably go for a walk"
dahye said and walked out her dorm after getting ready.
she walked the streets of melbourne all on her own and got tired so she went to a park and sat on a bench.
"this reminds me of jeno"
dahye sighed as memories of her ex lover came flooding back into her head and jeno's confession replayed in her head.

"what are you doing here all alone?"
dahye was lost in her own thoughts when a voice spoke beside her, a voice which sounded so much like jeno's
"now jeno's voice is stuck in my head"
dahye thought to herself.
"but it sounded so real"
she turned to her right and there he was,

lee jeno.

the person she fell in love with four years ago,

the person she still loves till that day,

the person who left her three years ago.

"jeno..."
dahye whispered looking at him.