05

chapter five — i thought he moved on after all these years

"it's been a long time"
he smiled, sitting next to dahye.
"yeah it has"
she replied, looking at jeno, still not believing they met again after all these years.
"so, how have you been doing?"
jeno brought up a conversation.
"i've been okay, what about you and how did you know i was here?"
"i'm doing alright and i knew you were here because i noticed your keychain while i was walking around"
jeno pointed at dahye's keychain, dangling on her bag— it was a pink teddy bear.
"oh, that's why"
"i'm surprised you still keep it, i didn't know you liked my gift that much"
he laughed.

they talked for a little while, catching up, talking what they have been up to these days and they finally started talking about relationships and love life.
"so, is there a special someone?"
jeno wiggled his eyebrows with a smirk.
"no, i've been single since three years ago"
dahye huffed.
"what about you, jeno?"
"i can't be in a relationship with anyone else or fall in love with anyone else when i'm still in love with this someone i left three years ago"
jeno replied, staring deep into dahye's eyes.
"what do you mean?"
"you know what i mean, and you know that it's you, see you around. my class is going to start again"
jeno stood up, leaving dahye alone, speechless. when she turned to look for jeno, she noticed he walked into the university across the park and as expected, it was the best university in melbourne.

"i thought he moved on after all these years"
dahye thought to herself while walking back to her dormitory.

all she could think about what what jeno said to her. i mean like come one, jeno walked up to her after three years of not seeing each other and said that? dahye still couldn't believe it. she was indeed happy jeno still loved her but would they last if they got together again?