18

chapter eighteen — i knew we wouldn't last but i came running back to you.

"jeno, quit worrying i was just asleep"
dahye laughed, thinking that it was funny how jeno was really worried, but he didn't laugh.
"it's not funny"
he said sternly and dahye's smile instantly fell.
"you could've told me that you were going to sleep or at least told me you've arrived at your dorm"
he continued, even more frustrated.
"it's not a big deal, jeno. you didn't text me for a whole three years and i didn't mind. i didn't text you for three hours and you're here getting mad"
dahye replied, getting mad.
"here we go again with bringing up past memories"
jeno groaned.
"so what do you want me to do now? turn back time and call you saying i'm gonna sleep?"
she asked sarcastically, tears threatening to fall down her face.
"that's what you should have done but you didn't"
jeno shouted, shocking dahye.
"i can't believe you, lee jeno"
she ended the call when tears finally free fall down her face.

"i knew we wouldn't last yet i came running back to you"
dahye sobbed, hugging her knees.
"i heard shouts what was going- woah honey, you just got back and you're already crying. who do i have to kill?"
kyunji asked, cracking her knuckles and bringing dahye into a hug.
"j-jeno"
"tell me his address i'll go punch him"
"no, don't hurt him"
dahye continued sobbing.
"okay okay, i didn't mean it literally. but what did he do?"
kyunji asked, patting dahye's back trying to calm her down.
"he got mad at me because i didn't tell him i was gonna sleep and forgot we were gonna have a date"
she managed to say in between sobs.

kyungji did her best to make her roomate feel better by giving her favorite snacks and making random jokes. she was going to cook dahye's favorite soup but realized her fridge was empty.
"yo dahye, i'll go to the convenience store to get some things. you stay here and watch some movies or something and make yourself feel better"
kyunji said and walked out the door, locking it afterwards.

dahye did none of what kyungji told her. instead, she put on jeno's hoodie he gave her and wrapped herself up like a burrito with her blanket, crying her eyes out.

kyungji had told dahye that the store didn't have the ingredients so she went to get take away in a restaurant instead but it will take a long time to be cooked.

dahye was still crying her eyes out when there was a knock on the door.

"weird, kyungji has the keys and never knocks"
she said to herself and got up from the couch.