26. AFTERMATH

I stretched out my arms to feel him but only felt the empty spot. I soon sat up straight and looked around.

It was morning and I was on the bed. That was alright, I should be in bed, unlike the other days when I was greeted by morning while waking up on the floor or leaning down on the wall. But the only thing that made this feel wrong was that I was not in my bed but...

"Mine." I jerked away and saw a wet haired towel-clad Markstone standing near what was supposed to be the bathroom, my breathe came to halt at the sight. The way his blue eyes looking at me made me bit my lips involuntarily.

"Morning. I see you are up." He spoke coming closer and closer and exploding every cell inside me slowly. He had to stop. He had to stop coming any closer. Lord!

He stopped just near the circle-shaped glass table in front of the bed and bent down to pour tea in two cups. I only narrowed my eyes.

"Sugar???" he asked and caught me looking narrowingly at him.

I quickly steadied my state and found d myself nodding under his heavy gaze. He started moving again and I shifted my eyes from him to look at the windows, the white curtains still draped over them avoiding the full sunlight in coming inside.

And within seconds, here he was beside me, sitting and offering me the cup of tea. I hastily took it from him and bought the cup near my lips to sip but spat it out right away.

"What the hell???" he shouted and I looked up to see his face covered in the tea I spat out just then.

Fuck! What did I just do unknowingly? Is it just too sweet unlike my liking and my mind was anywhere but here, trying to think what happened last night?

He grabbed the tissue paper near the cabinet and started rubbing his face with it. Then only it rang in my head to apologize for it.

"What's wrong?? Is the tea bad??" Izach almost questioned immediately even before I could open my mouth to say sorry.

"I don't... I do not take sugar." I stated

"I did ask you if you wanted sugar. You nodded your head." He asserted and I clearly did not remember him asking me.

I never took sugar. I hated sweet things. But I also knew how people used to tease me that I got a sweet tooth. Strange how people changed with time completely. Now I hate the taste of it. I distasted sweet stuff. But maybe if this cup of tea was offered to me before ten years, I would have had drank it delightly.

"Snap out of it." Izach snapped his fingers at me and handed me another cup without sugar.

So sweet of him to do the labor. But I would not thank him. He only got me rolling my eyes at him, acting all sweet and angel when he was the devil inside that gorgeous human shell.

"Do not do that." He crudely said.

"Don't do what??" I needed to know.

"Rolling your eyes at me," he replied. "You do not want to know what I can do if you do it again Chaise."

I rolled my eyes again only to provoke him and instantly I was under him, my chest rising up and down, his cold fingers tracing my bottom lips, eyes pulling me into a deep spell.

Suddenly the morning transformed into giving erotic vibes. I pressed my legs together underneath the duvet. His towel-clad body atop of me.

"You do not want me to make you remember what happened last night?? Now, do you??" His lips were dangerously closer to mines and it made me breathless as I tried again to recollect about last night.

Yet all I got was sniffing cocaine in the back of my car while Daniel waited outside. After that, I just did not remember any damn thing. Maybe because I over sniffed it?

The way he was mentioning about last night...did...did we do it? For real?

He sat up and I stayed intact trying to catch my breath. What just happened?? And did I really sleep with him?

If someone said, "PASSING THE NIGHT IS EASY DEALING WITH THE AFTERMATH IS WHAT DIFFICULT."

Very true. I thought to myself.

I raised the duvet up to my chest and holding it tightly I watched him walking away to his enormous closet and returning wearing a white shirt and black sleek pants after a few minutes. He noticed me observing him, his every move.

"The papers are on the front shelf of the cabinet." He pointed his index finger.

I moved my eyes in the direction of his finger and leaned near the cabinet sliding on the bed with one hand tightly holding the duvet to my chest. I did not know why even I was itching the white sheet so tight because underneath I was wearing a shirt, it had to be his.

I mean even if I did not remember any part of us doing the business, he saw all of me yet again and there was no point in hiding it from him. But it just did not feel right to flash my skin to my ex.

I opened the first shelf of the cabinet to see the peach color manila envelope. I took it out immediately and brought the paper to my eyes to see that those papers where the gas plant employment model was written.

I looked up at him smirking at me and the worst thing was at that very moment it made me felt like a cheap whore. The only difference was that he was not tossing money at me but the papers that I wanted.

"You could use the bathroom. " with that he went out of the room leaving me to engulf myself in self-loathing.

I stood up after a few minutes of just staring at the plain white walls and reminiscing the dream that I had this morning. The first time he brought me here. When he made me sleep on his chest that made me feel so special but today he just reversed it. He made me feel the worst persona in me.

I wrapped the sheet around me and walked towards the bathroom after keeping the papers back into the envelope hiding it under the pillow not wanting him to find it out.

I closed the bathroom door behind me and move straight towards the basin to wash my mouth and face. The lukewarm water on my face cooled my insides.

His hands cupping my face as he stared deep into my eyes. I could feel his touch, his fingers, his lip, his everything everywhere and I looked up at the mirror only to see a peach color envelope Iasted on it. It bought me out of my dreamy strange.

I grabbed it off from the glass surface and tore it open to see those same papers. My eyes reach my temples. That bastard. He made copies of it.

"Markstone" I screamed at the top of my voice and as if like he already knew about this, the bathroom door swiftly opened to reveal a cool and calm, Izach Markstone.

"What's wrong?? Is this another trait of you to shout in the very morning??" He asked standing by the door frame, smirking.

I huffed before shoving the papers at him." You bastard. Selfish arrogant bastard."

"Jeez Sterilize that mouth, Chaise. And I might have just made few copies. That's all." He replied with a sly smile on his lips and my attention might have been distracted for a while looking at that.

I composed my demeanor before asking," What do you want?"

___________________________________________

VOTE & COMMENT!