Respect

Your body trembles as you wait on the top floor lobby outside Bang PD's office. Today you were having your review to see how you were doing and to find out whether or not they will be keeping you on. 

You had an amazing week with Olivia, touring the city, trying loads of new foods, and just relaxing and having fun. It was a shame to see her go, you missed having a best friend to spend time with. She had continued to try and persuade you to go home which you must admit was very tempting but you had commitments here and you wanted to see if you could make this work. 

"You can go in now," the receptionist said from behind her desk. 

You stood up and smoothed out your shirt while taking a deep breath to calm your nerves. You knock lightly on the door before entering. The room was large with a wide black desk by the window that looked out into the city, there was a bookcase that lined the right wall that was filled with awards, albums, books and other things either related to BTS, TXT or Bang PD himself. 

You bow to him as you enter and walk over to take a seat by his desk. 

"Good morning y/n, it is nice to see you again," he says with a smile which calms your nerves a little bit. 

"Goodmorning, I hope you have been well," you respond politely. 

"So, how have you been finding it at Bighit?" he asks, folding his hands onto the desk. 

"I've been enjoying it, it is busy but I'm learning so much and I've enjoyed the dynamic environment," you say, hoping this will be enough. 

"That's great," he says, opening a folder and reading the papers inside, "so, I've spoken to the other makeup artists, your manager and the members themselves so I can get a full evaluation of your work." 

"Okay..." you prompt nervously. 

"It's looking good, the members have given you great reviews and want me to keep you on and the other artists have said you have picked up everything really well," he explains with a small smile. 

"Thank you, that's great to hear," you sigh, relieving the tension that was in your shoulders. 

"However," he states, his face becoming more serious. 

Oh no, here it is, you're going to get fired. For what? 

"Although your manager was happy with your work, he was concerned with your relationship to the members, he has noticed that some of them seem particularly fond of you, they seem to spend more time with you than the other makeup artists and such," he explains, his face creasing with concern. 

"Ummm..." you stutter, not knowing how to respond. 

"I understand that you have to spend a lot of time with them due to the nature of your job but you must respect the boundaries of employee and employer. It is okay to be friendly with them but there must be a professional line that is between you being friends. You must respect that line and not cross it, if you do then I'm afraid we will need to let you go," he says firmly but politely. 

Your mind races to the last encounter you had with some of the boys, JK had definitely crossed the line, was dancing with J-Hope crossing it? What about when Jimin hugs you or letting Suga come to your hotel room and help you find a house? How much of these interactions had your manager noticed? Was he the only one who saw?

It was silly of you to think that no one had seen the way the boys treat you, they did it openly but because of that, you thought it would be okay. How much had your manager told Bang PD? 

"I understand," you manage to squeak out, trying to sound more confident than you feel. 

"Good, as long as you do, we are willing to keep you on and sign a full contract with you," he pulls out a contract and hands it across the table to you, "if you are willing to stay on then please sign here." 

You glance over the contract nervously, terrified of what your manager had seen or heard, how would you stop the boys from acting that way now? They had done it since the start, it would be hard to pull away from them now and stop them without telling them about this conversation. 

You shake your head to get rid of those thoughts and grab the pen he is holding out to you. You can do this, it won't be that hard, you would just have to be careful. 

You sign the contract and give a small smile and bow to Bang PD before you walk back out into the lobby. Your heart is beating rapidly and your palms are sweating. At least you didn't get fired. 

You suck in one final breath of encouragement and then head home to pack, tomorrow you would be going on a world tour, you just hope it goes smoothly.