"Remember, you need to come back." I reminded her.

"I will."

"And don't hesitate to kill anyone. They'll see it as a weakness." Joan said as Rowena nodded quickly.

"And remember not to fall in love." I said firmly.

"Don't be so worried. I'll come back." She said reassuringly. The peacekeeper started opening the door so we both hugged her one final time and left the room.

2 weeks later

It had been two weeks since Rowena volunteered for the Hunger Games. Her training score was 10 and she did amazingly at her interview. She got tons of sponsors and was finally in the final three. It was her, the boy from 4 and the the girl from 8. Rowena and  the boy from 4 took out the other careers when they were sleeping, and that left them with the girl from 8. The girl from 8 is very sneaky and pretty good with an axe. Rowena and 4 were standing at the cornucopia and were just talking. God, what are you doing? I said to myself as she giggled.

I could see that Rowena had some feelings for 4 and it reminded me of what happened to Rose. "What is she doing?" I mumbled to myself. Suddenly, a flash of colour came from the trees. Both of their heads turned towards her and they grabbed their weapons and ran. Some strange fog started closing in on them and 8 was slowly being trapped. When the girl tried to run through the fog, she got burned and the flesh on her hand was gone. The fog eventually stopped and they were all trapped like animals in a cage.

Rowena got her arrow ready and quickly shot the arrow. It embedded itself deep into the girl's skull and she fell to the ground. The boy from 4 got his sword and sliced her head off to make sure she was dead. The canon boomed and the finale had finally started. Rowena got ready to shoot but hesitated before shooting the boy in the leg. I could see that she instantly regretted shooting the boy and she ran over to see if he was okay. As she kneeled down and looked at the wound, he raised his sword and stabbed her through the back. The sword went right through her and you could even see it sticking out of her chest.

As soon as the canon sounded, I got off the couch and ran out of the house to the training centre. My mind was totally focused on getting to the training academy that I didn't notice anything that I passed. I barged into the academy and headed straight to the knives station. I grabbed a handful and went to the sword section. I dropped them on he ground and grabbed a sword and whacked it around, slicing everything in front of me. I could feel someone staring at me, but when I turned around, no one could be seen.

"Show yourself!" I yelled angrily. Cato walked out of the shadows and looked at me worriedly.

"Are you okay, Clove?" He asked as he walked towards me.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" I said as I picked up a knife and threw it.

"Well, your friend just died, so I would understand if you were upset." He stopped walking because he was right next to me now.

"It's not my fault that she died. She was too weak. I warned her about what would happen if she fell in love, but she didn't listen. She fell in love anyways." I said frustratedly. "Now, piss off." I said loudly. Anger fuelled ever movement I made. It was the only thing I could feel right now. It was the only feeling I wanted to feel.

"Fine. I was starting to think that you were nice and that you actually had feelings. Looks like I was wrong." He said as he left. "You're a cold hearted beast. I don't even know why Rowena was friends with you." He said just before he disappeared into the darkness.

I was alone. I looked around the empty training room before picking up the sword and throwing it towards the sword rack. I yelled in frustration as the handle of the sword left my hand. The stand fell and crashed onto the cold floor. As the stand fell, I dropped to the floor and started crying. She's actually dead. She's not coming back. I'll never see her again. I thought to myself as I cried. Something silver shone in the corner of my eyes. I picked up the knife and looked at it for a second before digging it into my right arm. I dragged it down next to a small line near my elbow. I made that one when my sister died. I took the knife out and threw it across the room.