Chapter XLII

- Three Days Later -

"Jack wake up, this is our last day together and you have a free day so let's enjoy it." I shook Jack for the fifth time trying to wake him up.

Jack groaned and suddenly - and unexpectedly- grabbed my waist and pulled me down on-top of him, "Don't remind me." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't wanna leave as much as you don't want me to babe, but I can't stay here forever." I sighed, running my hand through his bed hair.

"Why not?" His raspy morning tone whined.

"Because I have a life back home and I don't have an amazing career to lift me off to LA."

"You don't need a career to stay here Skylar. You can live with Jack and I, we'd be an unstoppable trio." He smirked.

I giggled, hiding my face in his bare chest for a few seconds, "As lovely as that sounds, I don't think it'll happen."

"Such a mood killer." Jack sighed.

"I'm just speaking the truth, Jack."

"Just at least think about living here, okay?" He asked.

"No promises. I can't just leave my little sister back home, it would be extremely selfish of me."

Jack let out a deep exhale through his nose, "Fine, I can see there's no getting through to you."

"I still love you though." I pinched his cheek, smiling wide.

"And I love you too, very much. These past five months have been beyond amazing, despite the arguments."

"I completely agree, I'm very blessed to have you in my life."

Jack smiled, rubbing his thumb across my lower back, "So am I baby girl, so am I."

_____

"'Cause you've been hurt before I can see it in your eyes. You try to smile it away, some things you can't disguise..."

"I don't know if I've told you this but you look very beautiful." Jack complimented me, again.

"Yes Jack, you have." I sighed, looking down at the menu.

"Stop getting all annoyed when I compliment you." He chortled, grabbing the menu and pulling it down.

"Then stop complimenting me every five minutes." I rolled my eyes, shifting in my seat.

"Why do you not like me complimenting you?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Because," I mumbled, looking down at my fumbling fingers, "the last time someone complimented me as much as you do, it turned out to be a bullshit lie." I admitted.

"Are you talking about Andrew?" Jack asked, his voice softer and almost sympathetic.

I nodded, raising my eyebrows slightly. I knew it was horrible to compare them but I didn't mean to. Jack is nothing like Andrew, but some of the things he does reminds me of him and it brings back memories that I've kept locked away in my mind for months.

"Skylar, you know for a fact I'm nothing like Andrew. You've got to stop comparing us. You flipped out when I compared you and Leigh. It hurt you. How do you think I feel?" He pointed to himself, I could tell he was trying not to yell because we were in public.

"I know and I'm sorry. I don't mean to compare you guys, you're nothing like him. It's just," I paused, feeling a lump form in my throat.

"What? What is it?" He asked, leaning forward on the table, resting his arms on it.