Chapter XXVII

I anxiously played with my fingers as I sat down on my couch, my legs crossed in front of me. I was nervous as hell, waiting for Jack to arrive was completely nerve racking and I hated it. I've never had to go through something like this - spilling my feels out to someone or in this case, a boy.

It was weird knowing that any minute now, something I say could make or break this "relationship".

What was I even going to say?

"Oh hey by the way Jack, I have a lot of feelings for you and I want you but I don't want you because I'm not ready for it."

That doesn't even sound like an okay thing to say. I didn't know how to put it, I didn't know what to say and I was stressing myself out. The more minutes I had to wait for Jack, the more nervous and anxious I got.

On one hand, I couldn't wait for Jack to get here so I could just get everything off my chest and feel ten times better but on the other hand, I was afraid about what he might think or say. Will he still stick around? Will he get fed up and leave? I don't know.

Before I knew it, the doorbell rang. I squealed and hopped up, pushing myself off the couch and rushing to the door. I stopped as I grabbed the door handle, closed my eyes and took a deep breathe.

I slowly opened my eyes and turned the doorknob, opening the door quickly but not too quickly. Once I saw his face, butterflies immediately danced around in my stomach and a smile appeared on both of our faces.

"Hey," He smiled, stepping into my house and wrapping his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around his torso, resting my head on his chest.

His body was warm and he smelt amazing, "Hey,"

We swayed from side to side for a few seconds before he let go slowly, his arms lingering on my shoulders as he fully stepped inside.

I closed the door behind us and looked up at him, "Hey, you cut your hair?" I asked, running my hand through it.

He nodded, 'Yeah it was getting too long and wild, wanted to freshen up a bit." He ran his hand through it as well.

I nodded, "It looks good, I like it." I smiled.

"Thank you, you look good as well." He looked me up and down.

I shook my head, tittering softly. I was only wearing a white oversized, loose knit sweater with the words "Let's Makeout" on it in big letters, black and white knee-high socks and black spandex.

It wasn't intentional, I just grabbed the most comfortable sweater and threw it on with a pair of socks, this was my usual apparel when I'm in my house.

"Thanks, I tried really hard just for you." I sarcastically joked, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

Jack chuckled, "No but you do look good, I like when you don't try hard to look good around me and it just happens." He said, running his hand down my arm until he grabbed my hand.

I felt myself begin to blush so I quickly covered my face, "Stop, " I whined, dragging out my words.

Jack grabbed my waist and pulled me closer while laughing, "Don't cover your face,"

I sighed and uncovered my face, looking up at him once again and seeing how close he was.

I could feel his breath trickle against my nose, a sly smirk appearing on his face, "Do it." He whispered as he watched my eyes bounce from his mesmorizing eyes to his beautiful plump lips.

"N-Not yet, we still have to talk." I faltered. He licked his lips slowly, "Alright, let's talk then."

I sighed and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the living room and plopping down on the couch.

Jack sat down next to me, "What's wrong? You're worrying me now." He asked, putting his hand on my knee.

"I just," I sighed, "I just wanna get my feelings across completely so you know exactly how I feel. So don't say anything, just let me finish talking alright?" I said, putting my hand on his.

He furrowed his eyebrows and nodded, "Alright, go ahead." He tentatively said.

I took a deep breathe, "Look, I know my feelings have probably been somewhat unclear to you but please know, I do really really like you. We've had our arguments but they're in the past and hopefully we won't have many in the future. Jack you've been such a sweetheart to me lately and I couldn't appreciate it more. From staying with me and cuddling to just talking with me. I know you want to be with me but, I don't think I'm completely ready yet and I don't wanna just jump into a relationship unless I'm 100% sure I want to be in one." I paused and looked at his calm reaction.

"It has nothing to do with you, you've been amazing. This is all me. I don't mean to give you that 'it's not you, it's me' bullshit but it's actually true in the case. I don't think I'm emotionally and mentally ready for a relationship, I feel like I'd be that clingy, annoying and jealous girlfriend and I don't wanna burden you with that. So let me figure out myself right now and then, we can move forward...if you want to."

Jack nodded, looking down at his lap making my heart drop. "You can say something now." I urged, my voice filled with desperation.

He looked over at me, "It's fine, Sky. It's just not what I expected you to say. I hoped you were going to say you were ready but that didn't happen." He sighed, breaking my heart knowing that I let him down.

"Jack I -" I began but he cut me off.

"But, as long as I can be around you like I have been then I'll be alright. I just like you so much, Sky. I was just talking to the boys about you and how amazing you are. I'm happy with you and It really makes my day to know that I make you happy. I'm willing to wait for you and you know that, Skylar. I want you and I don't need a title to know what we are. Once you're ready, just know I'm ready." He smiled, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers together.

I smiled wide and a huge weight was lifted off my chest, "Oh thank goodness, I thought you were gonna give up on me." I sighed.

"What?" He asked in disbelief, "I wouldn't give up that easily. Can't get rid of me that quickly." He smirked.

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him into me.

Jack chuckled and wrapped his arm underneath my leg near my butt, placing his face in the space between my neck and shoulder. I smiled and placed my hand on his face, running my hand through the back of his hair.

He made himself more comfortable and laid down, placing himself in the middle of my legs with his head resting in the crook of my neck. His warm breath on my neck sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps all over my body.

"Damn," He mumbled, I felt the smile on his face. "What?" I asked, running my hand up and down the middle of his back.

"The guys were messing with me, calling me whipped." He said.

I sucked my teeth, "Why do boys do that? It's so annoying. Just because a guy really likes a girl instead of wanting to get in their pants does not make them whipped." I rolled my eyes, shaking my head faintly.

"That's exactly what I said, but now that I think about it. I think I am whipped just a little." He chuckled, holding me tighter.

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"It's definitely a good thing right now."