Chapter XII

- A Few Days Later -

I'm awaken from my deep slumber by an incessant loud knocking on my bedroom door. Just by the knocking, I knew it was Summer. I threw the covers off my body and hopped up, shuffling my feet across the carpet towards the door.

I grabbed the doorknob and opened it, leaning against it as I rubbed my eye with my other hand and looked down at her. "What's up buttercup?" I muttered.

"I'm hungry," She tells me, holding on tightly to her light brown teddy bear, swaying from side to side.

I couldn't help but smile at how cute she was, "What do you want to eat?" I asked.

She pursed her lips and tilted her head, "I want cereal!" She exclaimed happily.

I tittered and nodded, "Alright, come on." I hold out my hand for her to grasp which she does right away.

We walked down the short hall and down the stairs, entering the kitchen. I picked her up and sat her down on the chair placed by the long counter.

I yawned and stretched slightly as I walked towards the cabinets, grabbing her favorite cereal as well as mine. Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

I walk to the next cabinet and grab two bowls then sat them down on the island behind me. I walked towards the fridge and open it, bending down as I searched for the milk.

I groaned in annoyance as I see that we had no more milk.

I stand up straight and close the refrigerator, "Well buttercup, looks like we're out of milk." I announce, walking towards the counter and leaning on it.

She pouted, "How are we gonna eat our cereal?" She asked.

I sighed, "I guess we gotta go to the store," I said, "come on let's go get dressed."

I walked around the counter-top and helped her down, "I'll race ya" I challenged her.

She smiled wide and began running towards the stairs with me right behind her.

We raced up the stairs and of course, I let her win.

"I won!" Summer cheered, jumping around happily.

I chuckled, "Darn it, " I snapped my fingers, "you're just so fast.

She smiled, "Did you see how fast I ran, I was like the flash!" She exclaimed.

I nodded, "I know, I barely saw you" I played along.

She smiled wide and I walked her towards her room, "Go get dressed, okay?" I told her.

She nodded and walked into her room, closing the door behind her as I walked to my room which was a few doors down.

I loved having my little sister around. Summer didn't live with me, she stayed with my Aunt while my parents went on business trips since my mom didn't wanna burden me with having to take care of her while they were away.

I was able to get her whenever I wanted to. Summer always knew how to cheer me up when I was down, just her ardent nature was fun to be around.

I sighed happily and walked towards my dresser, pulling out a pair of black leggings and a long sleeve, slightly oversized maroon v-neck.

Since I had already taken my shower last night, I decided to only freshen up by washing my face, brushing my teeth and putting on some deodorant before throwing on my clothes.

Once I finished, I threw my hair up in a high messy bun, pulling a few strands out on the sides by my ears. I only put on some BB cream since I didn't plan on being out too long.