Prologue;

"You know this isn't my thing, Alexis." I groaned, following behind her as she grabbed my wrist pulling me towards the door.

A light incessant beat was playing behind the door, a couple cars out front and I could tell there wasn't many people here which made the situation even worst. I hate human interaction, always have. I wasn't shy or anything I just hated how stupid people were these days.

"Come on, straighten out your outfit before I knock on the door." She turned to me, running her hands through her hair.

I rolled my eyes before pulling up my denim jeans that were ripped on the thighs, fixing my ruffled loose white v-neck with a pocket on the right breast, pulling my leather jacket on my body a little closer and looking down at my all black doc martens.

"I don't even know these people." I whined, scratching my head.

She sighed loudly, running her hands through my long thick dark brown hair, trying to make it more presentable since it was messed up a little due to the wind.

"Well I do and you trust me right?" She smiled, grabbed my jaw and shaking my face a little.

"Eh" I shrugged.

She smacked her lips and turned on the heels of her black converse shoes, knocking on the door a rhythmic three times. She looked over her shoulder at me and gave me a smile, "Lighten up Sky."

I scrunched up my face and rolled my eyes once again before looking down at my shoes. A few seconds later, the door swung open revealing a teenage girl I've never seen before.

"Hey Sydney!" Alexis exclaimed, opening her arms and embracing the girl in a hug.

"What's up Alexis! Come on everyone's in the basement." She waved her hand at me, signaling me to come inside and follow her.

I took a deep breath before walking inside, closing the door behind me and following behind my happy best friend and a girl I've never met before. We walked down a hall before turning towards an open door that led to curving stairs. We proceeded down the stairs, the unfamiliar music became louder and voices became clearer.

I hopped off the last stair and examined the room, like I predicted there weren't a lot of people here. About ten to fifteen teenagers conversating with each other.

"Guys, this is Alexis and.." She dragged on, realizing she didn't even know my name.

"Skylar." I spoke up, not making eye contact with any of them.

"Right, Skylar. She's Alexis's friend."

"Best friend actually." I clarified, looking at her trying to make it clear.

Alexis turned to me and furrowed her eyebrows at me. I shrugged and stuck my hands in my jacket pocket, "What?" I muttered innocently with a smug smirk on my face.

She rolled her eyes at me before turning back around and walking towards the couches. I stood near the stairs, leaning against the staircase as I observed the room.

Dark wooden floors, a few tan colored couches placed in a circle in the center of the room with a black table in the middle, a sliding door to the right that I guessed led to the backyard and a big stereo system placed on the table with music booming out of it.

"Sky," Alexis called out to me, taking me out my trace.

I raised my eyebrows at her, slightly tilting my head up. My way of saying 'what'