Chapter XXXVII

"You look so nervous, are you alright?" Cody asked, pulling an earbud out his ear.

I sighed, "It's my first plane ride and this window doesn't have a blind."

Cody chuckled, "Damn, do you wanna switch seats?"

"You can do that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

He shrugged, "No, but I don't mind breaking the rules for you."

I chuckled at his corny attempt to flirt, "Thanks, and yes, I'd love to switch." I unbuckled my seatbelt and stood up.

Cody stood up and walked behind me, placing his hands on my waist gently before sitting in my original seat and I sat in his.

I sighed deeply, "Thank you, I feel a little better now."

"Try listening to music or sleeping, that helps make the time fly, no pun intended."

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes and let out a little chortle, "Well sleeping is definitely not happening without music and my headphones are in my luggage which happens to be underneath the plane."

Cody nodded, "Here," he handed me one of his earbuds, "I don't know if we have the same music taste but it's worth a shot."

I nodded and put the earbud in my left ear, moving closer to him. He wrapped his arm around the back of me, resting on my side and handed me his phone to look through.

"Love your music taste." I complimented, a little astonished.

He smiled, "Why thank you, one of the best compliments I've ever gotten."

I shook my head laughing as I put on "One" by Ed Sheeran. I looked up at Cody for reassurance that it was alright and he smiled down at me.

"So what are you doing in LA?" He asked.

"I'm visiting with my friend, he asked me to come along with him. You?"

"Moving out here, trying to become an actor."

I smiled, "Actor? Wow, that's cool."

He nodded, "If that doesn't work then I wanna do photography."

"That's cool too. Wow, I'm sitting next to a future actor/photographer." I smiled, raising my eyebrows.

Cody laughed and sighed softly, leaning his head back and looking out the window.

I leaned my head in the middle of the seats and closed my eyes, relaxing as I - slowly but surely - fell asleep.

______

"Folks, we have begun our descent to Los Angeles, California, where the current weather is a sunny 63 degrees. We will be in the gate in about ten minutes, we'd like the flight attendants to prepare the cabin for arrival and we want to thank you once again for flying with us today."

I peeled my eyes open to the loud deep voice coming from the intercom, telling us that we were finally in Los Angeles. I rubbed my eyes and yawned softly, covering my mouth.

I looked around to see that I had my head rested on Cody's shoulder, causing me to jerk up. Which made him look at me.

"You alright?" He asked, worry in his tone.

"I didn't mean to fall asleep on your shoulder, I'm sorry." I apologized, running my hands through my hair.

He shook his head and smiled, "It's no problem, it's not everyday a beautiful girl falls asleep on me."

I chortled and leaned my head in my hands, rubbing my eyes with the palm of my hands. I felt the plane finally land, causing my ears to feel weird.

"Why do my ears feel like this?" I groaned, rubbing them.

"They probably need popped."

I looked at him with wide eyes, "What the hell is that?"

Cody started laughing at my expression, "Here," he handed me a piece of gum.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "Okay I'm completely lost."

"Chew the gum and it'll pop your ears which will fix them." He explained, standing up along with me.

I nodded and unwrapped the gum, throwing it into my mouth and start chewing on it.

"So, Skylar. I was wondering, can I get your number? Maybe we can hang out while you're in LA?" He rubbed the back of his neck.

I pushed my lips to the side, "Uh, sure. But only as friends."

He nodded, "I can live with that."

I grabbed his phone and quickly added a number to his phone, "Just text me and I'll add it." I gave him back his phone.

"Will do, it was a pleasure meeting and talking to you Skylar. Hope I get to see you soon." He smiled, grabbing my hand a placing a soft kiss on it, not breaking eye contact.

"It was nice meeting you too Cody." I smiled.

He winked at me before grabbing his duffle bag and walking out the plane. I sighed and starting walking out as well. I waited outside the exit for Jack.

A few minutes later Jack came out, but he didn't look happy to see me.

"Hey," I said tentatively, walking beside him.

"Hi," He mumbled.

I furrowed my eyebrows and stopped in front of him, putting my hands on his chest to stop him from walking, "What the hell is wrong with you?"

He clenched his jaw, "What's wrong with me is that I saw you give that guy your number. What the hell was that about? You didn't even give me your number that easily!" He said angrily, but his voice was low so he didn't cause a scene.

I rolled my eyes, "His name is Cody an-"

"I don't give a damn what his name is." He hissed.

"Are you gonna let me finish?" I seethed.

He licked his lips and looked away from me, "He sat next to me on the plane and kept me calm and actually helped me fall asleep. He asked for my number so we could possibly hang out"

"And you gave it to him?" He asked, completely annoyed

"Jack, chill." I sighed, running my hand through my hair and rolling my eyes, "He's just a friend."

"Yeah right, you may think of him as just a friend but I'm positive he doesn't."

I shook my head as he lowered his head. I sighed and stepped closer to him, grabbing his face and kissing him.

He placed his hands on my waist as he kissed me back. I held his cheek in my hand as he pulled me closer to him. Jack pulled away slowly, biting down on my lower lip as he did so.

I smirked as I looked up at him, "I gave him a fake number, Jack." I admitted.

Jack smiled down at me, a look of satisfaction on his face, "Same ole' Skylar, huh?"

I smiled, chortling softly before planting another small kiss on his beautiful lips. I rested my hand on his cheek, looking intently at his facial features for a few seconds before looking up at his eyes, rubbing my thumb across his bottom lip.

"I'm all yours, baby."