Chapter XX

"And all my friends have gone to find, another place to let their hearts collide. Just promise me, you'll always be a friend. 'Cause you are the only one"

"It'll never cease to amaze me that these girls will do anything to make themselves attractive." I sighed, looking around at all the girls dancing with guys.

"I mean for goodness sake's, it's like 58 degrees outside and they're wearing short shorts and crop tops." I pointed out.

Alexis laughed, shaking her head, "It gets hot while dancing, give them a break."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, yeah whatever." I sipped my non-alcoholic beverage since I was the designated driver.

It wasn't my choice but Chase and Alexis basically forced me to be it by shouting "not it" as we left. I didn't mind though, I wasn't much of a drinker anyway and I wanted Chase and Alexis to have fun.

Just as usual, Alexis wandered off to the dance floor with Chase following closely behind her.

I couldn't help but feel as if Chase had a slight crush on her, I mean they use to be really close so it wouldn't surprise me.

I stood in the corner of the room, tapping my index finger on the red solo cup to the beat of the song playing on the stereos and booming throughout the house.

Of course Alexis dragged me here, wanting to take me out to a party since it's been awhile.

Okay well, maybe she didn't 'drag' me. I was actually kind of wanted to go, I liked to see all the crazy teenagers do things they'd regret later on. I know, I'm a bitch.

"Come on!" Alexis grabbed my arm suddenly and pulled me to the dance floor, making me spill my drink a little.

She stopped in the middle of the dance floor and spun around to face me, her hair whipping me in my face.

"What the hell, Alexis!" I groaned, pushing my hair out of my face.

She smirked and began dancing to "Show Me" by Chris Brown once it came on.

"Dance with me and stop being such a weird loner." She insisted, swaying her hips and running her hands through her hair.

I shook my head, "Oh no, not gonna happen. I don't dance and you know that." I lied.

She smacked her lips, "Bullshit and you know that, you were the dance captain for our whole high school years. You know how to dance so stop acting like you don't." She shook my shoulders eagerly.

I rolled my eyes, a little dancing won't hurt right?

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, listening to the music then slowly began swaying my hips to the beat, body rolling with and against Alexis. Once it got to the second chorus, I was completely feeling the music.

Singing along, dancing along, running my hands through my hair, smiling and laughing. For once, I felt like an actual teenager at a party instead of that creepy parent in the corner supervising.

Alexis and I did a little dance where I'd slide to the left and she'd slide to the right and we'd body roll. I began to sweat a little but I didn't pay any attention to it, I was having to much fun.

Just as fast as 'Show Me' came on, another Chris Brown song came on and of course I knew it. Still dancing along and singing along with Alexis, I felt hands rest on my hips and a body roll against mine.

I spun around in disgust and pushed the random guy off me, continuing to dance with Alexis.

The guy didn't stop though, he kept finding his way towards me and putting his hands on my waist, trying to grind against me.