We wish to see you there."

Ethan grabbed my hands, which I realised were shaking.

A ball... in my celebration?

Alpha of the North-Moon Pack. They knew I was the Alpha. They knew.

My heart began to pound, and I felt my breath getting caught in my throat. It felt as if someone was trying to choke me. The horror of them knowing about my identity completely paralysed me.

Instinctively, I glanced up and met his warm eyes. There was a promise hidden behind his stormy gaze. A promise that no matter what, he would always be there for me, that he will always protect me. When I had visibly calmed down, he squeezed my hands and then took the letter from my hands to read for himself.

I closed my eyes and took a few minutes to gather myself together as Ethan continued to read the letter, "Jonathan, immediately summon a meeting with all the Alphas and the Rogue leader. It is an emergency."

As soon as he left the room, I turned around and stared pointedly at Ethan. After five long minutes, he finally looked up from the letter, which I am sure he must've read about ten times by now. Who even takes that long to read a small letter?

“Maybe he can’t read? After all, he did sacrifice a considerable amount of lessons to stalk us in high school. I can’t blame him though... I mean have you looked at us?” My wolf offered.

It was beyond me how my easily and swiftly my wolf could change her moods. Just a few minutes ago she was fuming and scolding me for getting distracted and now...

"What?” Ethan questioned, confusion taking over his face.

I crossed my arms and raised one of my eyebrows in retaliation, “Are you serious?”

He placed the letter back on the table, then proceeded to cross his arms and raise one of his eyebrows at me.

He was copying me.

I suppressed the urge to roll my eyes at him, "Didn't you feel sparks when you touched me? How is that possible?"

The corner of his mouth tugged up which instantly made him look younger than he was. He thrust his right arm forward and pulled up his sleeve. There was a bright red mark encircling his wrist.

My legs involuntarily took me forward. How was this possible? I saw the silver on his wrists with my own two eyes... so where did it go? My gaze flickered to check his other arm. Noticing my attention had travelled to the other arm, he brought that forward too and pulled the sleeve up. This one had the silver bracelet.

"I removed one of the silver bracelets on the night of Zack’s funeral when I... um... kind of sneaked into your pack to see you."

My eyes widened in alarm, "You what!?"

He nonchalantly shrugged, trying his hardest to not grin, "I was desperate to see you. I had spent countless days and nights in search of you so don't blame me for sneaking in when I found out you had finally returned." He smiled, "I wanted to know that you were safe and that maybe, just maybe I had a chance and you'll come back to us and we'll be a whole once more, and the only way to do that safely, and without getting caught, was by sneaking into your pack.

"I knew you weren't at your best, especially after finding about Zack's murder, your Father's health and becoming the new Alpha - you had a lot on your plate. And I was right. That night... you were hurting terribly...."

His eyes feverishly took me in, “A month without you, in the company of the silver made me realise that I was subjected to the worst pain of my life. Then I felt your heat, and thought to myself, no – feeling you surrounded in pain was the worst. But I was proven wrong once more, all of this was nothing compared to seeing you that day... in pain, seeing you hurting over the loss of your family. I was outside your window, and you were crying... I couldn't do anything. It was... It was unbearable for me, I just couldn't leave you like that.