My wolf’s Alpha instincts were in full drive, she couldn’t believe that even after tightening up the security around the borders, someone managed to enter her pack without her permission and almost killed one of her pack member. This was outrageous!

Sensing that my wolf has taken over my senses, Jonathan's head automatically bowed down in response, "Alpha, the patrol guards were on their respective positions, and they swore on the Goddess that no one entered or left the pack since you left. Chief Andrew is checking the cameras and doing his rounds to see if we can find any evidence because he believes the culprit is either still inside the pack or knows a secret passage as there is no way someone could escape him or his guards."

My blood boiled at the information being conveyed to me, "I want the person found by the end of the day - alive." I commanded and he respectfully bowed his head in agreement.

Ethan was silently looking at me with an unreadable expression on his face. I ignored him and walked forward to observe the letter. The envelope had no crease lines and was properly sealed by red wax. Upon further inspection, I noticed the same symbol on the wax as the one of the golden pin and the one we found in the book. Just beneath it was a stamp which read "The Lycan Committee".

Unable to control myself any longer, I reached out to grab the letter but was stopped when a firm hand grasped my elbow.

At the sudden contact, I felt sparks erupt all over my skin.

Sparks?

His wolf was suppressed... so how was this possible?

Surprised, I immediately turned around to find Ethan staring at the place where we were making physical contact. Sensing my eyes on him, he looked up.

My eyes were silently carrying the unspoken question – what is happening?

He didn't respond back, instead he closed his eyes for a few, brief seconds and when he reopened them, they were different - distant and cold - as if he had just released himself from a magical trance. He shifted his head towards Jonathan, his right hand still not loosening the firm grip on my elbow.

"Has it been tested?"

Tested? What is he saying?

That's when it dawned on me - he didn't want me to touch the envelope in fear that it might be laced with something dangerous.

His concern for my safety and his protective nature filled me with warmth which rose from deep within my chest and enveloped every single cell of my body. It was a strange, unknown feeling. It scared me but I welcomed it nonetheless, feeling drawn towards it but at the same time, wanting to pull back.

“Get yourself together, now is not the time to have these kinds of thoughts, human.” My wolf scolded me, bringing my attention back to the task at hand.

He released my elbow as soon as Jonathan confirmed but stood protectively behind me as I slowly turned the letter. My full name was perfectly written in cursive in the centre of the envelope. Taking a deep breath, I broke the seal and uncovered the letter enclosed inside.

"The Lycan Committee has much pleasure in inviting the Alpha of North-Moon Pack, Vivian Alejandro, to attend a ball in celebration of her crowning as the female Alpha.

To be held on: 20th of June, 2020

At: Luna Ball Room

A five-course meal shall be served in the Lycanthrope Hall. A more detailed program with the details would soon follow this letter.