"Hey lunkhead, get your ass up and help me make breakfast." I snapped at him which he hummed in reply, while his face was buried on a pillow. "Breakfast? What time is it?" he muffled through the pillow with his groggy voice. I glanced at the clock before facing him again, "It's almost 8." he turned his head to face me. "5 more minutes." a childish smile spread across his face and finally opened his eyes. I looked everywhere but his eyes, "Nooo, I have to get up before my parents come home." I whined, causing him to frantically shot up almost hitting me which made me laugh as he gave me a confused look.

I sat up with him and relaxed my back on the sofa. "Relax, Harrington. I was just trying to get your heavy ass arms off me. My parents will not be here for a whole week." I told him as I fix my wild bed head and rose to my feet. "Trying to get it off?" he questioned and I nodded as a reply. "Well, last night you were practically snuggling in my arms and seems like you don't want to let go." he explains cockily which made the butterflies in my stomach dance but I managed it control myself from blushing. "Is that so?" I raised my eyebrows at him sassily before turning away, heading to the kitchen and didn't wait for his reply.

"It would help a lot if you get over here with me!" I yelled sarcastically from the kitchen. Footsteps approached behind me as I prepare to make pancakes for the both us. Arms suddenly slithered down my waist, making me jump and as I look over, I saw Steve pouting with his lower lip puckered like a baby needing help. My heartbeat pounded through my chest and looked away from him to not show him my flustered face.

"Why are you so clingy?" I chuckled as he placed his chin above my shoulder. "Missing my best friend isn't allowed now?" I laughed and shook my head by his response then a frown crept up to my face but hid it quickly by smiling because of his words. I sensed his eyes on me and I was right when I took a glance at him, clearing my throat before he could notice my pinkish cheeks. I slid off his arms and turn around to offer him a mug of coffee. "Coffee?" I questioned him and he shrugged his shoulders, "Hm, sure."

"Actually, there is a reason why I came here." Steve says, breaking the silence as we ate breakfast peacefully. I hummed as a response while stuffing pancakes in my mouth, signaling him to continue. "So I like this girl, she is probably the most amazing person I've ever met. She's hilarious, in a good way, uh, she's also smart and cute and adorable and beautiful, also very kind. Like any guy could probably ever want. And I just don't know how to tell her how much I like her." he rambled which made me laugh after I gulped down the food in my mouth.

"Is this really happening? King Steve asking for my advice about a girl? Oh boy, you just asked the right person." I smiled cockily and crossed my arms. "You're no help." he sighed in frustration and brushed his hair with his fingers. We finished eating and I set the dishes on the sink before heading back to the living room. We plopped down on the sofa, placing my head over his legs as he plays with my hair which I didn't mind.

There was silence in the air for about 5 minutes as Steve and I kept glancing at each other, sometimes letting out giggles for no apparent reason. "Who's the girl?" I asked him, finally breaking the silence. He seemed to hesitate to answer my question, so I shot up and faced him. "What's the matter?" I furrowed my eyebrows but it only made him more tensed, unable to speak. I regretted asking him, thinking I said something bad so I asked him.

"No, Y/n, you didn't say something bad- It's just- I.." he stammers and can't say the words right while I was studying his face, waiting for an answer.

"I like you, okay? I like you and I've never felt like this to anyone, at all, Nancy was different, and you, you are different, in a good way. It's just I've never felt this nervous around girls until I met you. Since we were young I always admired you but I buried my feelings for you back then. But now I can't hide it anymore. Might as well tell it to you now before I'm too late." he rambles and I stayed quiet, I was about to say something but he continued.

"I-It's fine if you don't feel the same way, I just needed to pour out my feelings because I can't keep it to myself for this long anymore. I'm so cheesy, holy shit." he brushes his hair with his fingers as I chewed my lip. Is this shit real? Am I dreaming? Can someone pinch me?

"Jesus, what is wrong with me?" he asks himself. "I'm sorry Y/n, this is probably the wrong time to tell you-"

"Steve."

"Yeah?" he replies almost immediately, his eyes locked with mine, while he tries to catch his breath.

"Shut up."

"Okay." he unglued his eyes on mine and frowned. I smiled at his adorableness, I lifted his head to look at me again and smiled as my cheeks heat up. I didn't hesitate to connect my lips to his, his body froze for a moment before sliding his hand on the back of my neck, deepening the kiss.

As we pulled away, a smile crept up on our faces, foreheads still touching. "I was waiting for you to make the first move, but I guess I did it for you." I teased and giggled. "Oh really?" he smirked before smashing his lips on mine once again.