Chapter 58

*Dedicated to @six-is-life*

"Okay, Janey, okay. I'm going to call Cath, " Anne muttered and pulled her phone out. She knew Cath was with Cathy, and that that may cause a few ruptures, but right now she just wanted to get Jane home. Safe.

She knew Jane would be okay; it had occurred a lot recently but Cath was very protective of this kind of thing.

"Hello?" Cath answered, putting the phone on loudspeaker, however having her finger hovering over the decline button in case Anne called to plead Cathy for a second chance.

"Hiya, Jane's fainted again, I-"

"Okay, we're coming," Cath grabbed Cathy's wrist and pulled her to the car.

"We're near the beach," Anne explained, stroking Jane's hair. She had always admired her older cousin; this felt that she was slightly repaying her for all the times she needed Jane.

Cath parked the car, practically slamming the door before running over to Anne and Jane. She sat down by Jane and caressed her cheek as Jane's eyes began to flutter.

"Hey gorgeous, you fainted again," she whispered.

"Look, Cath, I'd really like to stay but um, I said we'd meet Kat at the beach and she's already  there and I-"

Cath gave a small quiet laugh and replied softly, "Annie, it's fine, just go," She giggled, a warm hum in her voice as she moved Jane onto her lap. "We're going to wait here until she is a bit more conscious, then we'll head straight home, "

"Mkay, bye, love you Janey, " Anne kissed her own hand before placing it on Jane's cheek. She then stood and began walking to the beach.

The beach wasn't far. Just down the road really, you could even see it from Jane and Cath's balcony.

When she arrived, Kat was already sat, a pink blanket covering the sparse area beneath her.

"Kitten!" As soon as the green Queen's eyes lay upon her younger cousin, she ran, engulfing her in a hug the second she could.

"Hey Annie!" She laughed softly, returning the gesture, "We haven't hung out in AGESSSSSS!"

"I know! We need to! Way more often!" She giggled. "How's Cathy?"

Anne looked down. She began fiddling with her fingers and kept her gaze away from the pink-haired woman.

"We, er, we aren't together anymore. She, er, she ended it," Anne felt tears welling deep inside, and shut her eyes in an attempt to stop them falling.

"Oh, Annie," Kat locked her arms around her older cousin, clutching on to her as she did to Jane. Before Kat could speak again, Anne had already broken down in sobs amongst the younger woman's arms.

"I still love her," She cried, her throat tightening and short intakes of breath being the only source of oxygen. Deep emotions swirled around her stomach with the only outlet being her long-lasting sobs.

"I know, Annie, I know," She whispered sympathetically, her voice tender with love and care. "I know,"

Anne eventually calmed a bit, mumbling incoherent things into Kat's shoulder. While Kat couldn't make out the words, she knew the meaning. She sat and stroked Anne's hair until they broke, the sunlight glistening off of Anne's tear-stained cheeks.