Chapter 9

Catherine was still nervous about telling everyone about her and Jane. If she was honest with herself, she was more worried about Jane's children's reactions she wasn't sure why but she was. She eventually worked out she was worried that they wouldn't accept her into their family. As she sat on the sofa and turned on the TV, she sent a group message telling everyone she needed to tell them something after school.

Promptly after Jane came and sat next to her.
"You sure you want to do this babe?She said softly.
"I can't back out now." Catherine admitted.
"Why not?"
She showed her girlfriend the message she sent. A few seconds later, Anne waltzed in.
"Ooh what you talking 'bout"
"We're trying to work out who the singer is." Jane had always been good at thinking on her feet. Plus, The Masked Singer was on the TV.
"I missed the last episode because, I was with Edward when he was sick" Catherine added.
"When someone wasn't allowed to see their own son!" Jane joked.
"Well, I'd rather look after a sick Edward for a bit than have mentally broken Jane" Catherine retorted.
"I know, I was actually quite hungry" Anne added.
"Oi, I can cook" Catherine pointed out.
"Yeah, but Jane can cook well"
Catherine threw a cushion at Anne.
"That's what I told Kitty off for, throwing a cushion," Jane reminded Catherine.

A couple hours later Anna and Cathy returned with all four children. Once all the queens and Elizabeth had sat down Catherine began to speak.
"So, for the past few, uhh months, em I have um well like kinda um"
"What Catherine is trying to say," Jane took over. "Is that we are going out"
"Cleves, Cathy you owe me a twenty each!" Anne exclaimed.
"Anne, I think the words you are looking for are 'congratulations'"Cathy pointed out.
"Yeah, congrats.... to me for gaining £40!"
"Anne!"
"Sorry Jane, Sorry Catherine"
"We haven't told Mary, Katherine or Edward yet, so please don't say anything until we have" Jane added.
"We are planing to tell them later tonight" Catherine also added.

They all watched the next episode of The Masked Singer until Jane and Catherine went upstairs to discuss theirs relationship with their children.
"Twenty quid they get married by this time next year" Anne said the second the pair had left.
"Deal!" The two other queens responded to Anne's gamble.

"Edward, can you come here please?" Jane called from the landing. A second later the boy emerged from his room. She went over to knock on her door
"Katherine, can we come in?"
Katherine opened the door and allowed her brother and mum in.
"I have something to tell you both" she said as Edward sat down on his sister's bed with Katherine.
"I am going out with Catherine"
"What does that mean?" Edward asked.
"It means Catherine is my Girlfriend"

"Mary, can I come in"
"Sure Mum, what's up?" Mary always gave her mother her undivided attention. Sitting down she said.
"I just wanted to tell you that I am dating Jane"
"Aw, congrats Mum" she replied hugging Catherine.