Chapter 26

Chapter inspired by a comment from Caesuras1996 !

"I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved, but now the day bleeds. Into nightfall. And you're not here, To get me through it all, I let my guard down. And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved"
"Wow Katherine, I didn't know you could sing like that!" Anna said, pushing the door open.
"Oh sorry, I didn't even realise I was singing, " Katherine said, turning the music down.

"Nice song,"

"Someone you loved by Lewis Capaldi. It's about two people who loved each other, then one was taken away. - a bit like me and mum"

"Oh," Anna sat on the bed gazing at the young girl's fully black outfit.

"You're still in mourning, aren't you?" Katherine nodded in reply.

"I know how stupid it is, I mean she died 5 months ago,"

"It's not stupid at all. As Parr said, we all need time and some more than others. You and her were so close."

There was a momentary silence until Catherine opened the bedroom door. As soon as the younger girl saw the woman, she sprung from the bed and walked down the corridor alongside her. 

"Oi, Katherine Seymour!" Both women turned around. It took Anna a while to work out as to why neither answered. 

"Not you, Katherine with a K" Katherine took a few steps towards Anna. 

"How do you want to come shopping with me?"

"Sounds great!"

"Ooh, can I come?" Catherine added.

"Uhh no." Anna and Katherine said simultaneously.