Chapter 13

Katherine woke to a scream at around 3:00, she ran into her mother's room. She entered to a crying and screaming Jane. Her hair slicked back from her sweat. Her body couldn't stop shaking. 

She rushed over, bent down by her bed and held her hand.

"Mum, it's alright, I'm going to go and get Catherine of Aragon is that okay?" Jane turned her head towards Katherine and nodded. She swiftly left the room and ran to Catherine's. "Catherine, wake up!" 

"Why?" She groaned.

"Mum's awake, and it's not good," Catherine sprung from her bed "Right you go back to your Mum and comfort her, just keep talking to her, I'm going to carry Edward downstairs so she doesn't wake him" Someone always took Edward downstairs on the Anniversary of Jane's death because he believed it was his fault Jane died. Katherine returned to the screaming queen's room.

"Mum" Katherine said "I'm back, It's Kitty. Catherine is going to be here in a second okay," Katherine had to hold back her tears, she hated seeing her Mum like that, but she didn't have much choice, whatever Katherine decided made her suffer - seeing her Mum in so much pain or knowing she was in pain and not trying to help her. 

"Katherine..." Jane spoke for the first time as Katherine held her hand again.

"Yes, Mum..."

"I'm not ....going to die.... again ...am I ?" Katherine was now letting all the tears fall from her face. That was the worst thing that Jane, or anyone, could have said because that's what Katherine was most scared of herself. Her birth Mum died when she was young and everyone one else just left her. All those she loved ended up leaving her, whether that was betraying her while they were alive or passing away. Katherine wanted to break down but she knew she couldn't do that to Jane, she had to stay strong for her. 

"No Mum... I won't... I can't let that happen. I love you too much." She tightened her grip on her mother's hand. Jane's breathing began to get heavier as Catherine entered the room 

"Jane, love, I need you to tell me where it hurts," Catherine spoke softly.  

"My stomach," She winced in agony and began crying again. 

Parr appeared at the door, 

"I'll go downstairs to be with Ed when he wakes up,"

"Thank you," Catherine mouthed.

Katherine watched as her mum's face faded to a ghostly white, 

"Catherine this isn't supposed to happen, what's happening!" The teen became increasingly concerned.

Before anyone could say anything, Catherine was on the phone to the Emergency Services. They could normally deal with the death anniversary trauma but Jane's had become too severe and Catherine was adamant, if they couldn't get help, they were going to lose her...