Chapter 28

The next day, when Catherine came downstairs very nervously, everyone who was downstairs gasped.
"Catherine..." Anna was the only one with the ability to speak. Parr nudged Anne slightly to stop her from staring although Catherine had already noticed. 

Catherine, for the first time in 5 months, had worn coloured clothing. She walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table with Anna. 

"I'm proud of you," Cathy said softly, running up to Catherine and hugging her from behind. She proceeded to take a seat next to Catherine."Feeling stronger today, huh?"

"I guess, I came to the realisation that as much as I miss Jane and desperately want her back, she would want me to carry on with my life and achieve as much as I can," Catherine started fidgeting with her ring, she always did that when she was upset or nervous. Cathy noticed this.

"Honestly, she would," Parr initiated a long hug between them, to help comfort Catherine. They stayed like this until Anne walked in.

"Hey, you better not be looking at other women, Parr" Anne joked.

"I'm already hitched so don't you worry Anne!" Catherine added and properly started laughing. She was definitely finding herself again, and her friends were happy for her.

Katherine came downstairs with Edward, who was sobbing, and went straight into the kitchen.

"Catherine, Edward cut his finger," 

"Oh sweetie, let me have a look at it," Catherine lent over to the young boy as he showed her his finger. "Shall I get a plaster?" she asked, he didn't actually need one because it was barely bleeding, but it seemed to be a psychological thing, and it all felt better when they put a plaster in place. Edward nodded in reply. She got up and went over to the overstocked first aid cupboard. Jane always had many items in there that they would probably never use, like a fire blanket, which they haven't touched once. She put the plaster on Edward's finger.

"Done, there you go,"

"Can you please draw a smiley face on it like mummy did?" 

"Yeah, of course," She took the pen off the table and drew a face on it.

"Thanks, Catherine," Edward ran out of the room as nothing had ever happened. Katherine had noticed Aragon was wearing coloured clothes again.

"Well done Catherine, I'm just not quite strong enough yet,"