Chapter 27

Once they were in town - by bus because the only person who could drive was Catherine - they ran to get to Primark. Pointing at a bright pink, cropped hoodie, Anna said,
"Ooh, do you like this?"
"It's nice but..." Katherine glanced at the garment and turned to a different section.
"But what?" Anna asked.
"This is cute!" Katherine completely ignored the woman and held up a black one suit with silver metal pieces.
"I like that," Anna replied, offering the basket to place the item in and turned a blind eye to Katherine ignoring her
"By the way, I need a few more Pajamas, "
"Katherine, you have loads!"
"No, I don't! I have 2 pairs!"
"Anne and Cathey brought you like 10 pairs last year!"
"Yeah, but that was last year."
"And don't say they don't fit, because the ones you wore last night are like 3 years old," Noticing a few people were staring, Anna dragged Kitty over to the Pyjama section.
"Right, you can only have two!"
"Oh thanks Anna," Katherine picked up two pairs - one set and one nightdress- and they headed over and paid.

Meanwhile, Catherine was at home with Anne, Elizabeth and Mary.
"Mary, what's the square root of 196?"
"We did square roots in year 9 and 10, you should be able to do it,"
"Year 9 was two years ago, it's hard to remember that long ago..."
"Well you'll have to for GCSE's"
"When are they?"
"In 2 months, have you not listen to a single word for the last 3 years!?!"
"Are they important?"
Mary facepalmed as Anne walked into the room.
"Anne, tell Lizzie GCSE's are very important!"
"GCSEs are just exams, nothing to fret over." Anne and Elizabeth smiled.
" Just Exams?!?" Catherine entered the room. "Anne are you out of your mind! Well, that was a stupid question but do you want to go to college and get a good job?" She began talking to Anne, but then directed her words to Elizabeth.
"Not really..."
The argument between the four of them went on until Parr got home with Edward and May and she somehow managed to calm both women.