The Return of Old Maddie

Maddie had a long week. Several newspaper articles had published her little story on her and Colin dating while he was still teaching.

Not only did this cause an outrage with her father but her mother as well. Her father had to practically bribe the dean to let her stay. On top of that Maddie had been ignoring both Chuck and Colin.

She couldn't talk to anyone about it as Blair and Nate were to busy sneaking around with each other, while Serena focused on getting Dan back and excelling in school making her busy all the time.

Maddie was happy to relax for one night at the masquerade ball Chuck was throwing.

It was going to be a night where everyone's identity is was a secret and Maddie could blend in with the crowd.

"Madeline Rose" Maddie said to the bouncer.

"I'm sorry that person has already arrived and been checked off" the bouncer said checking the list.

"I'm Madeline, obviously someone else used my name to get in" Maddie said outraged.

"Sorry Ma'am can't let you enter" the bouncer said once more pushing Maddie to the side.

"What's the problem here?" Chuck asked seeing Maddie on the side of the line.

"This person claims to be Madeline Rose but someone else already entered using that name" the bouncer explained.

"Chuck just tell him it's me" Maddie said throwing her arms down by her side frustrated.

"Let her through" Chuck said to the bouncer.

"Are you trying to play games. You invite Colin here, kiss him and then kiss me? Then you try to reenter the party acting as though you haven't been here" Chuck said

"Chuck I-" Maddie began when the lights flickered onto Nate and Blair who were secretly up on the second floor.

Blair and Nate looked surprised before the two were making out in front of everyone.

Gossip girl posted a blast immediately after showing pictures of Maddie kissing not only Chuck but Colin as well.

The three gathered at a table to talk about it. Maddie placed her mask and her glass on the top next to her while she talked to the two of them.

"Guys how could I kiss both of you if I couldn't even get into the party. Chuck you saw"

"Saw you trying to reenter. You had already used your name. This little cat and mouse game you and I are playing would explain this behavior"

"I gave up that war the minute you started it" Maddie said.

"You two are in war with each other? Childish much?" Colin asked.

"It's sexual tension" Chuck commented.

"You two dated?"

"You didn't tell him about our relationship" Chuck asked with a furrowed eyebrow.

"I barely just started dating the guy. Mines as well tell you I'm going to be the princess of Germany come the new year" Maddie spewed.

Colin looked mortified at the fight that just took place.

"I think this isn't going to work out" Maddie muttered to Colin. He didn't seem to happy being dumped and decided to take action himself.

"We are done" Colin said leaving the party. Chuck scoffed walking away as well.

Maddie sighed. This night was not how she planned it to be one bit.

"Maddie how could you?" Blair asked quite loudly.

"I didn't kiss either of them if that's what you are referring to" Maddie said pushing the strands of hair out of her face.

"No what you did to Nate and I was much worse. Now I'm no longer in the running to be the face of Girls Inc. Anne Archibald thinks me dating Nate shows nepotism" Blair expressed.

"Blair what are you talking about. I was down on the floor the whole time"

"I saw you pull the rope"

"Blair look you can blame me all you want but you're the only one you should be mad at, strutting around in lingerie. What did you expect to happen?"

Blair didn't believe Maddie and Maddie was already fed up with the party and the drama it brought.

She placed her mask on and headed outside to go home. The rest of the night becoming one big blur.
———
Thanksgiving Day

Maddie had woken up feeling the after effects of what she assumed was the drugs she had consumed. She looked around unsure of how she got to where she was.

Pills scattered everywhere and the room was extremely unfamiliar. Maddie reached for the phone on the night table silently weak and still dazed.

"Hello? 911? This Madeline Rose. I don't know where I am or how I got here. Please help" Maddie muttered.

An ambulance arrived minutes later and took her to the hospital on a gurney. When she arrived she had been sedated so the doctors can run tests on her.

She wasn't sure what she had consumed and the doctors need to know. Once her stomach was pumped and the sedation wore off the nurse was able to bring in the visitors waiting to see her.

"Dad?" Maddie muttered. She was beyond embarrassed about her behavior.

"Your father is on his way. He called and told me to come and check up on you. He did get held up at the airport but is flying here now" Lily sweetly said.

"Hey Lil just called Jenny and told her thanksgiving dinner was cancelled. She's at the train station heading home" Rufus said placing a hand on Lily's back.

"Thanksgiving? No it was just the Saints and Sinners party yesterday" Maddie said trying to sit up.

"Madeline do you know how this happened? The doctors are trying to figure everything out" Lily asked.

"No last I remember was the party. I was leaving" Maddie said frustrated.

"Okay take it easy"

"Mrs. Humphrey we are ready for transport" the doctor said.

"Wait where am I going?"Maddie asked.

"Your father has chosen the Ostroff Center for your recovery" The doctor said.

Maddie struggled and fought with the nurses but was immediately sedated. When she woke up she was back in the Ostroff Center.