Dark Secret

Madeline Rose was a soft spoken girl who was always well behaved in the public eye and in the eyes of her friends, however, in private she was quite the opposite. She was a rebellious party animal and it all stemmed from the abandonment of her mother and the absence of her father.

She craved attention like most Upper East Side socialites, however, the summer of junior year she had gone just a little too far.

Serena had been missing the whole school year leaving Maddie to deal with Blair and Nate who were the world's most annoying couple and the world's biggest womanizer Chuck.

Maddie often left to occupy the big penthouse by herself while her father attend business meetings all over the world. She understood the work he had to put in to afford this lifestyle but it was all at the expensive of his daughter's feelings.

It was the end of August and her father had been gone for almost three weeks. Blair had blown Maddie off once again to hang with her new minions while Chuck and Nate did who knows what at Chuck's place.

Maddie was about to call Chuck to see if she could at least join them in whatever they were partaking in when she quickly hung up the phone deciding against it. They hadn't contacted her all summer.

She began to draw a bath hoping to unwind and relax. As she went to gather her housecoat and such from her room she saw the drugs she had been given as a reward for selling.

Carter Blazen had convinced Maddie to do it back in June.

They met at a party in a club in midtown. He bought her a drink and they soon go to talking. He claimed she could make quick cash and keep some for herself. The alcohol and rebellion, mixed together, causing her to agree to the dead.

She also liked the idea of being independent, making her own money. Hoping that if she didn't constantly ask her dad for money he would work less.

It was only a dream because Maddie found her dad working twice as hard this summer compared to all the rest. So she stopped her act of crime a week or two later. Finding it tedious and boring.

Carter wasn't very happy with her stopping and Maddie remembers that day vividly, it was mid June. Carter fighting with her in one of the alleys on the west side. Maddie had begged for one more bag before ending her job as drug dealer. Maddie at the time was hooked, she knew her addiction was out of hand but she had no one to stop her. No one to say "hey you need help".

It wasn't until the police had caught her practically unconscious in an alley a week later. Her father unpleased with her behavior had sent her to Ostroff Center for the rest of the summer. She had just been released from treatment a few days ago.

During her time at the Ostroff no one contacted her. While they didn't know she was there no one questioned her lack of presence.

Maddie shaking off the memory of that day took the bag of pills and stashed it in her sock drawer before heading back to her bath.

School was starting in a few days which meant Maddie had to go back to the real world. Tomorrow was Mrs.Waldorf's annual party. A party Maddie wasn't looking forward to at all.