Senior Year

Maddie walked down the stairs in her uniform for school. It was her last first day and she was beyond excited to start senior year.

Traditionally her and her father shared a big breakfast. He would always make sure to be there, cancelling what every plans that came up.

"Morning" Maddie said as she walked into the dining room. To her surprise not only was her dad seated at the table but Adrian as well.

"I thought we could all have breakfast together. Adrian offered to send you off to school today" her father explained.

Maddie smiled and sat down next to Adrian.

They enjoyed breakfast talking about their fondest memories of the summer and what they look forward to this school year.

Adrian looking forward to sophomore year of college with Maddie looking forward to enjoying herself this year. A carefree year with her friends, boyfriend and no regrets.

"You two better head off. Don't want my daughter late on her last day" Maddie's father said closing the newspaper and giving a smile.

Maddie and Adrian said their goodbyes before hopping in the limo downstairs.

"Thanks for taking me" Maddie softly said grabbing Adrian's hand. He smiled back softly rubbing his thumb on the top of her hand.

They pulled up to school and Adrain insisted on getting out with her. The two hugged and shared a kiss before he hopped back in.

Maddie made her way towards the steps were Blair and her posse were.

"Good morning" Maddie greeted

"Good morning M, was that the prince I saw?" Blair.

"I heard you were dating the Greek prince how cool" one of the minions said making Blair almost gag.

"I'm dating royalty too ladies" Blair chimed in. Maddie could instantly sense the jealous radiating off of Blair.

"Picking new victims and projects?" Maddie asked trying to change the subject.

"I have a transfer for you" Chuck interrupted before smirking at Maddie.

"Morning" Chuck said before walking away. Eric following right behind him.

"I'll see you at lunch?" Maddie asked receiving a head shake from Blair before walking into school.

"Oh Maddie just the girl I was looking for" Serena said linking arms with Maddie.

"Dan's over there. Act like we are having fun" Serena said letting out a forced laugh.

"Um S I don't think we need to force a good time" Maddie said confused. Serena in that moment realized what she had said.

"What has gotten into me. Every time I see him I just like freeze"

"Maybe that's because you still have feelings?" Maddie suggested.

"You're no help" Serena sighed before heading to class. Maddie unsure of what just happened headed to class herself.

Later at lunch Maddie saw Blair fraternizing with the new transfer girl.

Maddie not wanting to get involved decided to have lunch by herself out on the steps.

"Can I join you?" A familiar voice asked.

Maddie looked over her shoulder to see Adrian standing with food in hand.

"How did you-?"

"I asked your father what time lunch was. Figured I'd come spend it with you" he explained before sitting down next to her.

"So can I ask why you are alone? Although I don't mind it now" Adrian said before kissing Maddie.

"I didn't feel like involving myself with Blair and her minions on their first day of school project. They basically choose who the next freshman slave is" Maddie explained before sticking some fruit into her mouth.

The tow continued to eat and talk before the bell rang. Adrian headed back downtown to NYU and Maddie headed inside.

"Oh my god. Was that your Royal boyfriend?" One of Blair's minions asked.

Maddie internally couldn't stand them but had to be nice.

"Is was my boyfriend. He came to have lunch with me.  How sweet" Maddie softly expressed. All the girls but Blair were gushing and had a million more questions to ask.

"You are so coming for drinks tonight right?"

"Ah yeah I'll be there butter right?" Maddie asked. The girls squealed at the sound of Maddie attending the first day bar scene.

The girls walked away still whispering and gossiping about Maddie's boyfriend.

"M what are you doing?" Blair asked with her arms around her chest.

"I can't come? You've always begged me to join you and Serena on the first day night outing" Maddie explained feeling as though Blair was becoming mad at her.

"Ugh, I'm sorry I just was getting jealous of how Is and Katy were acting"

"Hey B no need to be jealous. They are just enthralled with the idea of royalty. Speaking of royalty how's your boyfriend?" Maddie asked walking in the hall with Blair.

"Good, better than ever" Blair said before walking into class.

Later that night Maddie was all dressed up ready to hit the bar. She headed downstairs to catch a cab.

When she arrived at the bar she had learned that Blair hadn't arrived yet, Serena was drinking her sorrows away and Chuck was lurking in every corner.

This night was about to go from good to a disaster real fast.

"S what happened?" Maddie asked Serena who's head was resting on the bar while clutching a dirty martini.

"Dan that's what" she mumbled. Maddie looked around to find Dan swooning over the new transfer in a booth.

"Come on I'll take you home" Maddie said to Serena trying to help her up from the bar.

"Leave her. Let's party" Katy said grabbing Maddie's hand a dragging her towards a table with drinks.

The rest of the night slowly became a big blur for Maddie.

She partially remembers Serena flirting with some boy from another school and Is throwing some drink in the transfer's hair.

After that Maddie assumed she had gone home and passed out. Her memory unable to figure out what happened.

The next morning Maddie walked into the courtyard to see Is and Katy waiting.

"Good morning" the two chimed.

"Morning"

"So the freshman victims have been picked. The transfer student already transferred to a school in Vermont" the two informed Maddie and Serena who had just walked up to the group. She was confused as to why she was being told this information.

"Have you seen Blair?" Maddie asked.

The two remained silent. Maddie in that moment had realized she and Serena were the new queens at Constance. Her phone buzzed and she looked down to see the newest gossip girl blast.

Has Blair been dethroned by her own besties?
                                                       Xoxo Gossip Girl

Maddie looked around to find Blair pissed off. World War III was about to begin.