A Toast

Maddie walked into the garden reception sitting next to Blair and Nate. The three watched as Serena and Chuck stood up at the alter.

Lily looked gorgeous but all Maddie could look at was Chuck. Last night he had shown a new side to him. A side that was caring and thoughtful different from his devious and evil side.

Maddie had barely noticed that Lily and Bart exchanged their I do's, sealed it with a kiss and were now walking down the aisle together ending the ceremony.

"Such a beautiful wedding" Blair whispered to Maddie who shook her head. She watched as Serena, Eric and Chuck walked down the aisle. Chuck turned and smiled at Maddie.

The guest soon were then prompted to follow after them and were seated inside for the dinner reception.

Chuck and Maddie were seated at the table with the bride and groom.

"Congratulations you two. It was a beautiful ceremony" Maddie said to Bart and Lily. The two smiled at each other before thanking her.

"You look gorgeous" Chuck whispered in Maddie's ear before standing up to give his speech. He tapped his knife against the champagne glasses capturing the attention of everyone in the room.

"I'd like to propose a toast. My father is someone who goes after what he wants, and Lily Van Der Woodsen was no expectation. In typical Bass man fashion his pursuit was direct, and times not exactly subtle" Chuck announced as he read off the cards. He glanced at Maddie who gave him an encouraging smile before placing the cards down.

"One thing I learned from my father's courtship with Lily is the importance of perseverance. That in the face of true love, you don't just give up, even if the object of your affection is begging you to... and one thing I learned from Lily is the importance of forgiveness. She gave my father the gift of a second chance, and in kind, I've actually watched him become someone actually worth of that gift. And one day, I hope I'll be lucky enough to find someone who will do the same for me" Chuck said glancing at Maddie.

"To the happy couple" Chuck said raising his glass and turning his attention towards his father.

Maddie processing what Chuck had said rose her glass in the air before moving it towards her lips and taking a sip.

Lily and Bart placed their glasses on the table and took the dance floor for a slow dance.

Maddie took the opportunity to ask Chuck about his intentions.

"Your hard work payed off. That was a great speech" Maddie said to Chuck as she slowly sipped her wine.

"I made it up on the spot. Saw someone who inspired me" he said before talking a sip of his glass.

"Mr. Bass a picture with the lady and a dance. Your father will love these photos" the wedding planner said practically pushing the two together for the photographer.

Maddie and Chuck wrapped their arms around each other with Maddie's other hand rested on Chuck's chest. They two posed for a few pictures before joining the dance floor for a slow dance.

"Let me take you on a date" Chuck whispered into Maddie's ear out of nowhere.

"Chuck if this is some pity move no thanks" Maddie said.

"No, it's not, Madeline you make me feel something. Schools over in a week come to Italy with me?"

"Chuck-"

"Maddie I know you feel the same way as I do. Don't deny it" Chuck seductively whispered.

Maddie hesitantly looked into Chuck's eyes which promoted him to kiss her. She pulled away letting a smile creep onto her face.

"Where in Italy exactly? I need to pack accordingly" Maddie said.

"I heard Tuscany is nice this time of year" Chuck said before leaning in for another kiss.

"Okay, it's a date" Maddie whispered before resting her head on Chuck's shoulder. The two swayed to the music not caring about anything or anyone around them.