Debutante Ball

The Debutante Ball was every upper east side socialites dream well maybe almost everyone. Serena was the exception.

Maddie was being escorted by Chuck Bass done by none other than their parents.

After school she headed to rehearsal where they practiced the debutante dance. She swung between Nate, Chuck and a few other classmates.

"Isn't this fun?" Blair asked Maddie as they took a break.

"For once this is actually something I'm looking forward too. My dad had blocked the night out and will be coming to see me" she mentioned to Blair who smiled.

"That's great M. I'm so happy for you. See you tonight at my house for tea?" Blair smiled touching her hand on Maddie's shoulder. Maddie shook her head yes.

The two grabbed their bags and Maddie walked out with Nate and Chuck.

"So I think I actually miss Blair. Just watching her over the past few days made me realize some things" Nate mentioned as they walked down the street.

"No you don't, believe me" Chuck weirdly commented before sprinting ahead.

"I'll see you later Nate" Maddie mumbled before sprinting after Chuck. The two were going tuxedo shopping.

"What was that about?" Maddie asked. Chuck let out a sigh.

"It was nothing. Forget about it" Chuck said. Maddie decided to drop it before Chuck Bass threw one of his fits.

They headed inside for the fitting.

Later that evening Maddie walked into the Waldorf residence for the tea her mother was hosting. It was for CeCe, Serena's lovely grandmother and Lily's mom.

"Madeline how nice to see you" CeCe greeted as Maddie walked in. The two exchanged a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

"Madeline have you met Serena's date Carter" CeCe said.

Maddie's blood drained from her body at the sound of his name.

"Carter nice to see you again" Maddie politely greeted.

"Ah you know each other?" CeCe asked.

"Yes we went to school together. I'm a few years older" Carter explained.

"Ah Maddie come join us" Blair beamed as she grabbed Maddie by her elbow. They all sat down around some tea and finger foods.

"So where have you been? Or should I ask first are you back for good?" Blair asked Carter. He smirked at Maddie before turning his attention towards everyone else.

"I'm back, came back for someone should I say. I may have gone rogue but I enjoyed every second of it" Carter began.

Maddie began to feel uneasy.

"I have to go" Maddie whispered to Blair.

Blair turned to look at Maddie who was pale.

"You look horrible" Blair whispered. Maddie stood up and said goodbye to Serena and Dan before rushing out.

She hailed a cab and headed to the one place she knew she would feel safe.

"Chuck" she called out from the door of his apartment.

"Maddie?" He asked.

She was ready to burst into tears. She stepped forward her one hand clinging to the opposite arm.

"You look sick are you okay?" He asked. He sat her on the couch.

"I-I... I can't go to the ball. Carter's going to be there" she muttered.

Just then Chuck's phone rang. He talked for a minute before hanging up.

"Maddie, have faith in me. Carter will be the least of your problems Debutante Night" Chuck explained.

Maddie knowing the power and evilness Chuck had didn't question him. She wiped up her tears and excused herself out heading home.

The next morning she awoke early to get ready. Her father had planned breakfast for the two of them but when she arrived downstairs he was no where to be found.

"Ms. Madeline, he had to run out but said he would be back by noon" one of the kitchen staff said. Maddie sighed knowing she should have expected it.

She hurried upstairs where she had her makeup and hair done by professionals. She loved being pampered. After enjoying every minute of it. She headed downstairs to see it was almost 3pm.

"He's still not back" the maid said. Maddie frowned.

She once again headed back upstairs slightly angry, slipping on her dress. It was classic black ball gown with hand embroidered stones. A one of a kind masterpiece.

She walked down the stairs hoping to find her father waiting for her, instead it was Chuck.

"You look- wow" Chuck said with a big grin. Maddie could only smile at Chuck's response despite being upset with her father's lack of appearance.

The walked out of the penthouse and into the limo. Chuck could seem that Maddie was sad, after all she had been looking forward to her dad being there. On top of that she was stressed with Carter Baizen being around.

They walked into the ball and gathered on opposite sides of the staircase.

"Hello and welcome to the annual dispensary cotillion and debutante ball" the announcer began. Everyone erupted into fancy clapping before the names were announced.

"Kaita Farkas, daughter of Jonathan and Rose Farkas, escorted by Richard North, hopes to major in Neuroscience and will continue her family's legacy as supporters of the New York Public Library and Lincoln Center"

As Blair was introduce Maddie began to wonder why she had done this at all. Chuck hissed at her from across the stairs.

"Don't let your dad get you down" Chuck mouthed. Maddie smiled before stepping forward.

"Miss Madeline Rose, daughter of David Rose, escorted by Chuck Bass, hopes to take a gap year before continuing her studies at NYU or Duke. She hopes to build her own empire someday"

Maddie smiled and linked arms with Chuck as they took a photo.

The dance began and Maddie swiftly moved from partner to partner. As she was dancing with Nate, Chuck leaned over and whispered something causing a brawl to break out with Nate and Carter.

"What did you say Chuck?" Maddie asked concerned. It wasn't like Nate to go around punching people let alone at the ball.

Nate was escorted out.

"Chuck I hope this didn't involve me" Maddie sternly said, baffled by what had just happened.

"Don't worry. It had nothing to do with you. It just so happened your problem was solved" Chuck slyly said.

Maddie could see out of the corner of her eye Chuck glaring at Blair. Blair ran after Nate.

"Would you like to join me in Monaco?" Chuck asked Maddie.

"What?" She said taken back.

"Well Christmas is in a few days and I think your dad would be more than pleased to find out we are spending time together. Let's get away from all of this" Chuck suggested.

"Fine but you make it clear to everyone it's a friends thing. I wasn't a lay for you over Christmas break" Maddie sternly said pointing her finger at Chuck.

He let out a laugh before grabbing her hand. She sighed following him outside to the limo. Her father had once again let her down and she wasn't about to spend Christmas alone in New York.