|8|

"When I remember how mr. Jeon saved mr. Kim, I think I realize how I don't care anymore whether he's taken or not," a girl said. "He's literally perfect!"

"I would even let him pick me as his slave."

"Or a second wife."

"Or a third."

"Oh my God, mr. Jeon wouldn't be that low. Bet he's got standard! And you guys ain't even close!"

"You're just jealous 'cause he's such a great alpha, unlike you."

"guys, he belongs to mr. kim. you've got no chance!"

"wait, is it because of that photo of them shopping? do you really believe they were mr. jeon and mr. kim? it could be photoshopped for all we know. and it could also be someone else with features resembling them."

"yeah, we don't even know where they live. they probably don't even live close..."

"well, whether the photo is true or not, I still think mr. jeon is totally smitten with mr. kim. I saw how he ran so fast to protect our fairy teacher! and even almost losing himself!"

"girl, it's normal to help someone in need. plus, he happens to be the strongest alpha in the room. it shows that he's a great guy."

"mr. jeon and mr. kim don't look close at all, though. these days they never eat together and they never talk when they stumble upon each other."

"yeah! I ship mr. jeon with miss shon! they're both demons, they're meant to be," the girl snickers evilly. "I think mr. kim suits mr. jung better. poor guy has been after him so long. mr. kim's taste must be as high as the sky if he still can't see our mr. jung."

"ugh, I don't even know how you guys manage to ship mr. jeon with anyone. you guys basically ignore the fact that he's probably a married man."

"dude, you're no fun!"

"we don't even know his partner, so they're out of question. let's just live inside our fantasies while we can."

"whoever mr. jeon is with, I still ship him with me the most, hahahha."

"girl, I feel you. it's impossible to resist thirsting over our perfect alpha."

---

jeongguk was irritated.

whenever he went,  there would always be horny pheromones emitted around him, lingering stares that gave him goosebumps, and inappropriate whispers following him. things had not been as overwhelming as of now.

his display of alpha strength at that fucking horrible day seemed to make the students see him in a new light, one that made him very much uncomfortable and troubled. not only that, his sweet omega, taehyung, also seemed to hell bend on avoiding him lately.

he didn't feel anything wrong when they were home, but as soon as they arrived to the workplace, jeongguk felt as if taehyung really put an invisible barrier between them, acting all formal and cold with him, refusing to have lunch together and talk to him. jeongguk didn't know if he had done something wrong, though, so why now? sure, they agreed to hide their marriage, but taehyung wasn't so much distant before, they still ate lunch together, talked and laughed together in the corridor and in the teachers room, it all stopped suddenly, though.

well, rather than dwelling so long into something he wouldn't understand, jeongguk decided to ask taehyung about the source of problem himself right after work. communication was the solution to almost all problems, or so he believed to be. that was why he couldn't let this continue before it was too late.

jeongguk found namjoon when he had just returned to the teachers room after his most recent class. the headmaster threw him a grin as jeongguk walked to him.

"hey, jeongguk," namjoon asked, expression friendly and easygoing.

"what're you doing here,  hyung?"

"I have a few announcement to everyone here," namjoon grinned cheekily, gesturing jeongguk to settle on his table. just as he expected, all the teachers were present there to enjoy their lunch break.

"I have a good news to share for you guys," namjoon said, voice clear trough the silence of the room as everyone listened carefully. "as you guys know, this Saturday we are celebrating our school's 7th year anniversary. usually, we would have dinner together and call it a day, but I want to make it a bit different this time.

"Truthfully, my wedding anniversary also falls on that day and I want to make this year special for my partner because of my own personal reasons. also, concerning the recent problems we've encountered this past few weeks, I believe we all need to take a break and refresh ourselves.

"that's why I am here to invite you guys to a two days trip to Yamagata. fully funded, don't worry," namjoon grinned widely. "I'm thinking of booking a hotel with onsen, also probably visiting festivals and temples." the room lightened up significantly, everyone laughed and smiled at each other, obviously excited with the news.

"though, you are not required to go. this is an informal activity, so if you're not free this weekend, we can still have our formal anniversary dinner next week," namjoon generously said, he understood that the news were delivered quite sudden as weekend would come two days from today. his overpacked schedule was what made he barely had spare time.

"those who wants to go can write your name in this paper. I'll text you guys the detail tonight," namjoon put a blank paper on jeongguk's desk and asked the younger alpha to distribute it to other teachers. "if you have any questions, just ask me in my office. now I still have work to do, see you guys this weekend."

---

apparently, no one had been informed with namjoon's sudden plan to go to Yamada, even seokjin was surprised. usually they would spend their wedding anniversaries with jeongguk and taehyung, and sometimes their close relatives.

taehyung and seokjin were so delighted that they spent the whole Thursday night and Friday night to pack things and plan their trips. they both live in the same apartment building so it was easy to prepare things together. they knew better than anyone that namjoon and jeongguk were lost causes in packing because they tend to bring more unnecessary stuffs than needed ones. so it always took two times longer to packing for themselves and their respective partners. the omegas were completely immerged in their doing that their alphas didn't even dare to steal their excitement, including jeongguk who felt sad with the lack attention coming from his husband.

even on the way to yamagata, taehyung were chatting excitedly with jimin, yoongi, and other fellow teachers as namjoon introduced seokjin to everyone. he stuck close to his brother and his best friend throughout the train ride, and even made namjoon sit with jeongguk in the plane.

taehyung looked so happy that jeongguk was afraid to soil the mood. that was why jeongguk still couldn't bring up his confusion about his husband's sudden distance at work until now. he hoped that this trip could help him solve this problem and reconcile with taehyung.

to be continued...

some filler chapter that i don't really like :/ I hope the next update can be better.