|2|

taehyung sighed for the nth time, checking his watch whilst standing beside jimin, the teachers, and the whole student body on the corridor. a welcome party for the new teacher, they all said to him. when taehyung started working here, no one had even greeted him like this except the headmaster himself and jimin. everyone was looking at the front door with hopeful and bright smiles, as if they were waiting for an angel to come picking them up to the paradise.

they were just going to meet a person! weren't this a bit too much?? taehyung really just wanted to go back to his table but he really missed his husband, and the alpha wouldn't like it if he disappeared right when he arrived.

"someone said he was really handsome!" someone said rather blatantly.

"and an alpha too! kyaaa~!" said another one, louder.

"he's gonna teach PE, though. I hope he's not going to be as strict as Mr. Park."

"I don't care as long as he's hot."

"Mrs. Han told me he is so young~ he must be single!"

taehyung stopped listening.

"taehyungie~ aren't you excited? I'm gonna have an assistant now!" said jimin, excited. then he noticed that taehyung was paler and unhappy. "hey, are you okay? should we go to the nurse? oh, shit, the nurse is here, too. lets just go to my table—"

"n-no, jiminie," said taehyung, resisting his best friend's grip on his arm. "I'm just fine, kinda tired because of the finals week." he gave a reassuring smile to the beta, hoping it would cease the worry.

fortunately, jimin let it go with a huff and a glance that said 'you better rest next time' and they both continued to wait for the arrival of the new teacher.

suddenly, a sequel was heard from a girl that stood just next to the entrance door. "he's coming!!!"

and she was right. a man with hair as black as ebony, skin so white that contrasted the hair, muscled and thick body, and tall stature just casually walked past the door. the said man seemed to be startled by the 'welcome party' and was now looking at everyone with wide eyes and shock expression that freakishly resembled a rabbit. he still looked so handsome like that, taehyung thought, giddy.

"welcome to bangtan high school, professor Jeon!" everyone said (shouted). taehyung would be lying if jeongguk weren't looking so priceless with how surprised he was.

Kim namjoon, the headmaster, immediately surged to hug jeongguk who reciprocated like a long lost pal. they just hadn't met for two months, not like forever, taehyung said inwardly.

suddenly their eyes met and it seemed like everything had stopped when those black wide orbs were piercing right through taehyung's rich caramel ones. jeongguk was smiling so warmly that taehyung could feel the warmth just as if the alpha was hugging him. but the moment had ended so sudden when teacher chou pulled jeongguk from the staring battle, and now just casually clung her arm on jeongguk's thick bicep.

"Jeon seonsaengnim! welcome to our school! I'm chou tzuyu, I teach modern language. you can call me tzu or chewy," she giggled cutely (more like embarrassingly, taehyung looked away). "I can show you around the school."

taehyung saw how jeongguk's smile soured up, and he glanced worriedly to taehyung, asking to be helped. thankfully, namjoon seemed to understand the situation, he cleared his throat and said strictly, "Ms. Chou, forgive me, but I'd like to have Mr. Jeon in my office to talk for a while. ah, and Mr. Kim, I have a few words for you, too, regarding the new art room we're just finished renovating. please follow me you two."

this resulted in groans and whines coming from the female students and teachers, and a few of the males too. taehyung was glad when jeongguk threw him a happy smile, not bothering to hide his light step as he followed namjoon to his office, as well as taehyung.