chapter 11

Lia woke up with a grunt. Her vision was blurry, it felt like she was run over by a truck, laying on something cold.

Solid cold.

She pushed herself up and shivered at how cold it was. She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and when she opened them, she was horrified.

Her breathing was caught in her throat when the wind blew. She looked around to find a rare tree in the middle of it.

It had pink leaves and around it was filled with green grass. She was about to walk towards it but then she heard a crack under her foot.

Lia gulped as she slowly looks down at her feet. Lines were splitting into other thinner lines beneath her foot, without her even moving. She began to panic as her breathing became heavier every second, creating white puffs.

She looked around for something but then her eyes fell back on the tree in the middle of the frozen lake. She breathed out slowly as she clenched her fist.

Lia looked at her thin clothes for the weather like this and shivered. She began to hug herself while shivering. She let a shaky breath out.

She laid her eyes once again on the tree before nodding. When Lia made a move, she heard a sharp crack under her feet again.

It was breaking.

Lia began to run towards the tree as the frozen thick ice seemed to turn thin since it began to break into pieces and float in the cold water where she stepped.

She didn't dare to turn around because she knows that will only slow her down. She set her eyes on the tree, making it her goal to reach there, and smiled slightly when she got closer and closer.

Her legs were getting tired as she ran while the cold wind blew against her body. She gritted her teeth as she tried to reach the tree but then one of her legs turned numb making her fall.

She screamed as she fell. She groaned and tried to push herself up but it was no use.
It was too cold.

Her breaths were caught up in her throat and before she knew it, the ice broke beneath her.

She fell into the cold water and she knew from that moment on there was no escape.

Her breath was caught in her throat as she tried swimming up but something made her clothes ten times heavier, pulling her deeper down.

How much deeper she goes, how much it's starting to get harder for her to hold her breathe so she accidentally gasped out for air but regretted it soon as she got water instead of air inside her lungs, the water entered her lungs making it harder for her to stay conscious.

Her hand was on her throat as the other one reached out to the light, that shined above her as Lia drowned further down.

She couldn't breathe, the low temperature was making it even worst. She slowly felt her eyes close as water filled her lungs with its cold liquid.

She closed her eyes and saw someone.

He was the boy she dreamed about, he was the boy who called her and he was the boy who made her come this far

Before Lia's heart stopped, she was sucked out of it all and dropped to the floor.

She coughed out the cold water while gasping for air as she turned to her side. Her lungs were burning painfully as her eyes turned red. She shivered slightly but she could feel the water turning warm.

Her brain was thumping inside her head making her close her eyes and lie on the floor for a minute only to gain herself back.

She coughed with her eyes closed as she could feel her throat burn painfully.

"Miss are you ok?" one asked.

I tried to swallow as someone pulled me up.

I look at the ground and found myself, once again in the middle of the letter O.

"Miss?"