"Well, I had no one to go with. I didn't want to come here alone." I smiled sadly, turning to face him. He brushed a stray curl out of my face, and began to trace my lips with his finger.

"I hate that you've been alone for so long, when I think about it it sometimes, I get really pissed off. The amount of strength and grace you have to have forgiven your father for everything is something most people can only wish for. You're amazing." He said, breathlessly.

I smiled, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks. I didn't say anything, and just closed my eyes, feeling the sun on my face.

"Dylan, Dylan wake up." I heard, feeing a light tapping on my shoulders.

I opened my eyes, and looking around, realizing we were still at the beach.

"How long have I been out?" I asked Callum.

"Almost two hours." Callum laughed.

"Oh God, why didn't you wake me earlier?" I asked, embarrassed.

"You looked so peaceful, I didn't want to ruin it. Besides, it was nice just laying with you." He said. "But we should probably go now, your dad has been calling nonstop."

I looked down at my phone and saw seven missed calls from my father. Great, just great.

"Want me to take you home?" Callum asked me once we got in the car.

"Not sure yet, let me call him back and see what he has to say first."

I clicked on one of the several missed calls, and the phone barely rang before he answered.

"Where are you?" He asked, before I could get a word out.

"Uh you know, just at the library." I lied, looking to Callum, cringing.

"Library huh? So why did your school call the house saying you've skipped class. Why is it that when I went to said school, positive that they were mistaken, I found your Lexus in the school parking lot, and you, nowhere to be found."

I stared at Callum, not knowing what to say to my dad.

"Umm, well I was feeling a little peckish, and I couldn't wait for lunch period, so I went to grab some food." I said, smiling at my lie, while Callum gave me a thumbs up.

"So what, you teleported out of school to get some food? That would explain why you car is here." He said, sarcastically. "And I thought you were at the library, I didn't know the library served meals now."

I slapped my forehead in frustration.

"You know what dad, I'll see you at home later. My food's getting cold."

"Young lady you bett-" before he could finish, I hung up the phone.

I laughed hysterically as I put my phone in my bag.

"Why are you laughing, did you get in trouble?" Callum asked, his face full of concern.

"That was the first time I ever hung up on someone before. It was exhilarating." I laughed, positive that I looked like a manic.

"Speaking of hanging up on people, do you mind unblocking me."

"Yikes.." I trailed off. "Forgot I did that."

-

After mine and Callum's little field trip, he took me back to school so that I could get my car. From there, we parted ways, him actually headed to the library to study for a test, and me, heading home to face my angry father. After parking my car, I took my time walking to the house.

"Dylan, is that you?" My father called from the kitchen.

"Mhm" I hummed, dreading going in there. When I got to the kitchen, Eliza and my dad were sitting at the island, eating salad.

"Yes?" I said, once I stood in front of the two of them.

Eliza rolled here eyes at me, while my father looked at me in dismay.

"Where have you been?" He asked calmly.

"I told you on the phone." I replied.

Eliza snorted and dropped her fork dramatically. "Come on Steve, you and I both know she was with that criminal boyfriend of hers. Who knows how many times they've skipped class, this is probably just the first time she got caught."

He looked from Eliza to me and then back to her.

"Criminal? What do you mean criminal? What is she talking about Dylan?"

I stood there in silence not knowing what to say. Eliza sure knows how to kick a girl when she's down.

"Oh you didn't know?" She laughed. "That neanderthal is fresh out of juvenile detention. I heard he almost killed a child." She said, tossing her platinum hair back.

"What?!" I yelled, outraged. "That is not true! You have no idea what you're talking about. Evan is no child, they are the same age, and Callum did not almost kill him, you're a liar!"

My father stood up calmly and walked in front of me.

"Didn't the two of you break up? Did he not cheat on you?"

"We didn't, I mean he didn't. I-" he raised his hand to silence me.

"Was he in juvenile detention, yes or no."

"Dad, you don't understand, he-"

"Yes or no, Dylan?" He asked sternly.

I could feel myself beginning to cry. "Yes, but it's not what you think." I said, trying to blink my tears away.

He nodded slowly, as if he was taking my words in. "It is clear to me that this boy is nothing but a distraction and a bad influence. You are not to see him again."

"What?! No, you can't do that. I'm eighteen, I can be with him if I want to!" I demanded.

"Not under my roof you can't." He said, before briskly walking out of the room.

Eliza smirked at me and took a bite of her salad. "Mmm, your little brother just loves this vinaigrette."

I turned to her, feeling my blood beginning to boil. I slapped her salad off of the island and watched as all of the contents of the bowl fell to the ground. Her mouth dropped open in shock, and before she could say anything, I stepped over the salad and walked out of the kitchen.

*****

Hey everyone, if you can, please click the link in my bio to help get justice for Breonna Taylor. She was killed in her home by the police, and her murderers have not been arrested. #BlackLivesMatter #JusticeforBreonna