5: He Realizes

Kyungsoo's POV

We all laughed and ate through the rest of lunch and Kai had the biggest smile on his face the entire time. I guess he was just happy that I was happy.

He looks better when he smiles.

He was pretty handsome, really, I guess I had just never really acknowledged it. 

Chen embarrassed me some more and Kai continued telling me to shut up. It did kinds seep like he was jealous, but maybe he was just very protective of his friends. 

I don't know.

Soon lunch was over and I waved goodbye to all of Kai's friends. They were fun and I really liked hanging out with them. Kai walked me to the rest of my classes and I felt myself becoming more and more comfortable having him around.

Soon school ended and I walked  out of the building. I don't know, should I wait for Kai? I should probably just start heading home.

I began to walk towards the campus's exit when I heard a familiar voice emerge from the building behind me.

"Excuse me!" Kai yelled as he sprinted through the flood of people in the halls. He was panting heavily when he finally reached me.

"Hey," he spoke as he caught his breath.

"You know," I began, "you didn't have to run. If you'd just said my name I would've waited," I chuckled softly.

"Well it's too late for that now," he said and I smiled.

"I'm just going to walk home, you really don't have to come with me, that'd be a real inconvenience to you I'm sure," I said and he shook his head.

"I know, I know. I was just going to ask if we could do something after school..." he said, and I could've sworn there was nervousness in his voice. I nodded.

"That sounds like fun. I'd love to." A smile spread across his face once again.

I liked his smile. 

"Come on then, I know this little cafe downtown that's great, and I'm hungry," Kai replied.

"Downtown? We're going to walk all the way downtown?" He shook his head and chuckled.

"Of course not, we're going to walk to my house and drive." I nodded my head in relief.

"Thank goodness, I got scared for a minute there," I laughed. "Lead the way." 

We walked to his house, which happened to be quite close to the school, chatting happily as we walked. He made cheesy jokes and I laughed at almost all of them. This guy was really growing on me in more ways than one.

And I like it.

---------------------------------------------

We arrived at his house and he led me in.

"My parents aren't home or anything. You can just leave your bookbag here and we'll be on our way." I nodded and slid my backpack off, following him to the garage. He turned on the light and I noticed one thing.

There was no car there, only a motorcycle.

He must've seen the worried expression on my face because he laughed.

"Don't worry, it's perfectly safe, I promise," I nodded slowly. I was still skeptical about this. This would be my first time riding a motorcycle. 

"I'm not sure..."

"Pleaseeeee," he begged with puppy dog eyes. I sighed and nodded. I knew I wouldn't win that argument anyways.

He smiled and passed me a helmet and I pulled it over my head, clipping it and tightening it. Apparently it was his only helmet because he stepped onto his motorcycle bareheaded.

Kaisoo: Unattainable Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें