12: The Orphanage

3rd Person

That night, the two had fallen asleep, nestled safely in each other's arms.  That was, after a short while of the two talking. Kai expressing his concern and care, Kyungsoo expressing his thankfulness for having Kai in his life. The two had a mutual feeling of trust for each other, a trust that neither knew would  be tested.

That particular Sunday morning they'd woken up, Kyungsoo snuggled comfortably to Kai's chest. After a quick breakfast, they decided they'd explore town a bit that day. It'd be a little adventure, they could do whatever they pleased. They got dressed and headed out, on Kai's motorcycle of course. The comfy feeling between them when they rode it had never gone away, and they liked that.

They soon found themselves walking hand in hand around downtown, chatting about anything and everything. A topic that ended up coming up was the orphanage, the orphanage Kai had mentioned before. Kai began to ramble endlessly about it, and honestly it touched Kyungsoo's heart.

He talked about how he'd helped there since he was young, how he knew everyone who worked there, and was close with the kids. He talked about how he'd play tea party with all the little girls and monster trucks with the boys. How he'd go over for dinner with them and make them all laugh. It was wonderful really, what Kai did for those kids. He really cared about them. And as they walked around downtown, Kai proposed (their marriage duh) an idea.

"How about we go see them?" Kai suggested, tilting his head a bit. Without second thought, Kyungsoo nodded his head. Sure, he wasn't always good with new people, but he liked kids. He also just really wanted to see where Kai spent a lot of his time over the past few years, he was curious.

 So after a short walk, they arrived at what looked to be an average sized house. Kai led Kyungsoo by his hand, their fingers intertwined. Upon entrance, Kyungsoo discovered that that modern sized house was quite spacey inside. They were immediately greeted by a few little girls, who couldn't be more than 4 or 5, running up to Kai, hugging him tight.

"Kai oppa!" All the little girls squealed, surrounding him. Kai let out a little chuckle and hugged each and everyone one of them, releasing Kyungsoo's hand to do so. 

"Hi girls," He replied with a friendly smile. The little girls clung to him happily.

"Who's that oppa?" The little girls asked, looking up to Kyungsoo. "He's very handsome.." One of the little girls tried to whisper, but in all honesty, little kids are quite rubbish at whispering. Kyungsoo let out a little chuckle, and Kai spoke up.

"This is Kyungsoo," He said with a smile, and the girls immediately ran over, wrapping themselves around Kyungsoo in tight hugs, definitely surprising him a bit, but he didn't mind it.

"Kyungsoo! Oppa tells us alll about you. He must really like you, because sometimes he says buh bye early because he has to go see you," One little girl said in a very matter-of-fact voice, causing a little chuckle to escape Kyungsoo's lips.

"Hmm well I'm glad your Kai oppa mentioned me," Kyungsoo said, looking up to Kai with a smile, which he returned. 

"Let's play tea party!" The girls cheered before dragging a laughing Kyungsoo off into another room, not giving him a choice.

---

Several hours passed, but it hardly felt like it. Kyungsoo was really enjoying the time with all the kids. In just a few hours he'd played tea party, dress up, dolls, hide and seek, tag, and any other game you could imagine. But soon, with a glance at the window, he realised it was getting late.

"I have to go girls," Kyungsoo said, and they all whined, running up to hug him.

"Please come back to visit us oppa! Pleaseee!" They all pleaded, causing Kyungsoo to laugh a bit. 

"Of course I'll come back, I promise," Kyungsoo said, giving each of the little girls a hug.

"Okay, bye oppaaaa!" All the girls said with a wave as Kyungsoo walked out of the girls' room. As it had been getting late, it was getting quieter around the orphanage, as the younger children needed to sleep. Upon walking out, Kyungsoo spotted Kai. He was sat in a rocking chair, an infant cradled comfortably in his arms as he slowly rocked him to sleep.

Honestly the sight was adorable to Kyungsoo. To see Kai be so caring to the little child just proved more to him that Kai had to be perfect. He was absolutely the sweetest, most caring guy he'd ever met, and he loved that. He loved that about Kai.

Kyungsoo moved quietly towards Kai. He didn't want to wake the nearly asleep baby in his arms. He walked up behind him, carefully wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's broad shoulders.

Kai turned his head and smiled as he saw it was Kyungsoo hugging him. Kyungsoo leaned forward to press a light kiss to Kai's cheek.

"I love you," Kyungsoo whispered quietly against his lover's ear, not wanting to wake the little child who was now soundly asleep.

"I love you too," Kai whispered in reply, turning his head to peck Kyungsoo's lips with a soft smile.

They just sat there for a short while, Kyungsoo resting his chin on Kai's shoulder, Kai gently rocking the child in his arms. It was lovely really, for both of them. Because in both of their minds it flickered the thought that they almost looked like a family, a little happy family. And that was a thought that made them both smile.

---

After the day at the orphanage, the couple headed back to Kai's house. They had school tomorrow, but they'd just stop by Kyungsoo's house in the morning so he could change, they just wanted another night together.

They soon arrived, kicking off their shoes by the door and both trotting up the stairs towards Kai's bedroom.

They both decided they'd shower the next morning. Kyungsoo walked to the bathroom and changed into Kai's big t-shirt. He loved it, it was comfy, and it smelled like Kai. Meanwhile the other changed into a pair of sweatpants, neglecting to put on a shirt.

The smaller of the two trotted back into the room after he'd changed, and couldn't help but let out a little giggle at his boyfriend's appearance, cheeks reddening a bit. He was getting quite used to seeing Kai like that now, and he honestly loved it.

Kyungsoo plopped onto the bed and made grabby hands at Kai, who soon joined him, wrapping his arms around him tightly. Kai snuggled Kyungsoo to him comfortably.

Soo's fingers traced over Kai's toned chest lightly. It was a bit of a habit of his, and Kai didn't seem to mind it. In all honesty Kyungsoo couldn't get over how muscular Kai was. It had always felt like that first day, the first day they'd ridden the motorcycle and he'd come to the happy discovery of his, than, soon to be boyfriend's muscles.

Kai smiled down to the small figure in his arms. They'd both grown to love times like this, when they could just sit in each other's arms, enjoying each other's presence. They savored them greatly.

Kyungsoo's eyelids soon began to flutter slightly, he was getting tired. A little yawn passed his plump lips and Kai captured them in a short kiss.

"Goodnight, Kyungsoo," He said in a soft tone.

"Goodnight, Jongin," Kyungsoo replied in sleep-filled tone as his wide eyes slowly closed, and he fell to sleep. Jongin watched Kyungsoo awhile, pondering on how after all he'd done, he'd ended up with a perfect guy like Kyungsoo. What he didn't know, is the world just hadn't found it's way of punishing Kai for his past deeds just yet, but god damn, it sure would..

//authornim.
Sorry for lack of updates, busy, tired, broken phone, and slightly sick. But spring break is soon, and that means plentiful updates. I've already begun on the next chapter of this. For those wondering, I'll be writing all of my Markjin ff before publishing, so don't worry its coming. Also, next chapter, smut or no smut? I need input before I can write the chapter. Thank you, and have a lovely day~