Our Beautiful Dance.

Greenwich Village New York, New York

It was a month before the wedding and you weren't prepared for your unanticipated uproar of emotions. 

You sit next to Nat on one of the wooden stools that lined up against the glass of the cozy café. It was semi-busy as a few people chattered around you both here and there, the sounds of the coffee grinder and some indie song, that you've heard a one too many times, around you.

It was a comforting setting and it was supposed to make you feel soothed.

But that was the last thing you felt as you both sipped on your drinks, staring out into the street.

You sat with your feet close together on the feet stand on the stool. You both had just gotten back from picking up your dresses for the wedding and your feet throbbed faintly in your shoes, the needed rest doing you well.

Your mind was far as you watched the people walking outside, avoiding Nat's questioning gaze on the side of your face as she kept attempting to say something. You knew she had been trying to come up with the right words the last house, but clearly, none seemed right.

You didn't want to admit to it, but your feelings from the last year had reached its last straw and you could no longer enclose your strong emotions.

It hadn't been hard to look past your saddened face as Nat watched you pay for your dress, an indisputable grimace on your face as you gave the lady your debit card.

You didn't even try to hide your scowl anymore.

You had given up on pretending; on hiding your true feelings.

"Do you want to talk about this, Y/N?"

She finally has the courage to ask after she takes a sip.

You take one as well, looking down at the table right after. You were waiting for her to have the balls to say something.

Truth is, you wanted to get it out.

Letting it build up inside of you was making it worse for your emotional health.

"It's in a month. I don't know if I can do it, Nat."

It's a sigh that leaves her mouth. She's disappointed in you and you don't blame her.

"You still like him?"

It should've been a simple question, but it was anything but. She was so naive to what was really going on.

"Nat, I don't think it's just like anymore," You look up at her to see her already staring at you, concern in her eyes, "It stopped being like months ago." You add in a pathetic whisper that almost sounds like a supplication.

She looks at you in confusion until she realizes what you mean and her face changes from furrowed brows to a look that is serious, her eyes widening slightly.

She takes in a deep breath and moves in closer to you.

"What are you talking about, y/n?"

You don't know why but you smile, it's a sad smile. 

"I'm in love with him."

Nat's face falls and it resembles the feeling that you are currently feeling inside of your chest. It held dead, pity, and then disbelief.

Your eyes flicker over to the bag on the table that held your dresses and you continue softly, your eyes still far and not necessarily focusing on anything specific.

"I"m in love with him and I'm going to be standing there," you swallow thickly as your voice breaks, as the mental image of Ashlyn wearing a white dress and Bucky wearing a tux enters your mind, "watching him, give himself away to someone undeserving." You say brutally as your eyes fill with angry tears.