Come Away With Me

After that horrendous phone call, you had spent that whole night crying. Any possibility of why Bucky would do such a thing crossed through your mind as you laid wide awake into the early hours.

After many reasons came and went through your mind, you decided not to pry on it; as it was only making you feel worst. The feeling that grew within your chest as you replayed his words was becoming more unbearable.

Eventually, once you were into your fifth episode of How I Met Your Mother and your second bag on Lays potato chips, you came to terms that you weren't as special to Bucky as he was to you. That was the bottom line.

Everyone had been telling you for a while and you should have listened. You should have been careful from the beginning. But even if you were, to be honest with yourself, it's not like you even expected to develop feelings for Bucky.

It was innocent from the start, and there was never any alternative intentions behind anything you ever did.

It snuck up on you.

You even considered that maybe you were somehow coming off strong to him without realizing it and it scared him off.

Its been three weeks since that day and it was blatantly obvious that Bucky decided to distance himself from you. That's not including his very blunt text inviting you to his birthday dinner.

Thankfully, that's exactly how long it took for you to finally become comfortable with having someone else to lean your head on. It took time, but slowly you were able to think about him less and less.

It was more when you closed your eyes at night, that you would replay Bucky's words in your head over again. Yes, it would still break your heart.

Your first date with Loki had gone smoothly. You had met him at Harold Square and he had worn a nice suit and tie while you wore a little black dress that fell just below your knees, accompanied by a pair of short heels.

You both went to some little restaurant in the village

It was perfect.

He was a complete gentleman and made you smile and laugh. If it wasn't enough that he was extremely kind and respectful, he also wouldn't hesitate to hold your hand across the table and tell you you were beautiful.

You would smile painfully, trying not to think about how on the walk over you both walked by a little cafe that Bucky had once introduced you to. You hadn't been to that cafe since he cut you off.

Loki was the embodiment of a perfect man. Sure, he was no Steve Rogers in the chivalry sense, but he was a man, the exact thing that you needed at that moment. There was some underlying mischievousness to him that you couldn't deny, but that only made him oh the more desirable to you. You were definitely happy about that.

You should be interested in him- by his level of perfectness - but for some reason, you couldn't allow your heart to open up to him. What you hated the most was that you knew why you couldn't, no matter how hard you tried.

He would laugh in front of you, and you would fake one back. It hurt for you to admit that the only person you could think was Bucky while you sat across from him.

Why couldn't you get him out of your mind?

You couldn't help but glance down at your phone every so often, waiting for that random silly text he would always send, but you knew you wouldn't get one ever again.

You chewed on your delicious steak and steamed vegetables, faking a smile as you did so.

If it were you and Bucky, he would take you to a McDonalds or Applebees or even  - there's a pang in your chest as the words resonate in your head and you stop yourself before you could go any further.