10-We Have Some Fun in Charms

Start from the beginning

"Oh," Malfoy said. "Well, what do you know about Zeus?"

"He's the lord of the sky, and the king of the gods."

"Good, 10 points to Gryffindor."

A bunch of Slytherins gasped, I must have too.

Malfoy frowned, "What?"

The Slytherins still had their O_O faces on.

Hermione continued to talk about the gods while we all took notes. She occasionally asked whether anyone knew this or that, and I even answered a question about Ares.

A few Slytherins were still making O_O faces.

"No homework," Hermione announced. "Just review your notes so you can get some points for your house in the next class."

Some Slytherins, still with the wide-eyed look, looked down at their empty piece of parchment. Then they asked to borrow their friends' notes.

☆ ☆ ☆ Charms ☆ ☆ ☆

Professor Flitwick taught us a new charm we could use. "This one's fun," he told us.

"This is a spell that's a considerable amount easier than the other's I have taught you. This is called the Untouchable Charm. Anyone know what that is?"

He didn't even look at her, just simply said, "Yes, Hermione."

"It makes nothing be able to touch it, it would float on your desk, and shoot away from you if you tried to grab it."

"Ooh like Tantalus and food!" Jackson whispered to Annabeth behind me.

"Correct, five points to Gryffindor," Professor Flitwick said like it was a daily routine. "Now, the incantation for this spell is Intemerata."

"Latin for 'untouchable'," I heard Jason whisper to Piper.

How did he know that? I guess he took Latin classes back in America.

"Also, like most spells, this is easier to do with smaller objects," Professor Flitwick explained.

"Make sure to aim well," Professor Flitwick warned, "we do not want a table shooting across the room."

Leo turned around and grinned at Nico.

Nico looked kind of nervous, like Leo was going to send a table into his face.

I guess Professor Flitwick shouldn't have warned us at all, because in no time, a desk flew into the air.

"WOOHOOO!!" Leo yelled.

The table floated in the air above a Slytherin boy, who yelped and swatted at the table. It shot away from his hand, and "bounced" off the ceiling.

"Stop!" Professor Flitwick yelled. He cast a spell to the desk and it floated back to where it was.

Unfortunately for him, the classroom was already chaos, instead of casting the charm on things like feathers or books, we were casting it on everything.

"Percy!" Death-Eater-Nico yelled. "Do it on me!"

"Okay! Intermerata!" Jackson pointed his wand at di Angelo.

Nico floated around and bounced out of his chair, "I'm an astronaunt!"

"Baseball!!" Drew screamed. She lifted a chair and smacked Nico across the room.

"Aahhh!!" he yelled.

"Ahahaha!!" Thalia shouted. She shoved Nico, without touching him, back to the other side of the room, where Drew hit him again.

"Ahhh!" Nico shrieked. "Stop!!! SOMEONE HEELP MEEE!!"

"WHAT'S BASEBALL AND WHAT'S AN ASTRONAUNT?" some Slytherin yelled.

"Baseball's a muggle sport and an astronaunt is a person who goes to space," Annabeth answered calmly. She wasn't casting the charm on anything, but she was obviously amused with Nico being used as a ping pong ball.

"Hey Trunkfoot!" Percy yelled. "Eat this!"

Duncan turned, and a spell blasted his face. He started floating in the air, "Ah! No! Put me down this instant!!"

"Nah."

With all the objects and the classroom looking like it's in space, Duncan was bouncing everywhere, and Nico as well.

"THAT IS ENOUGH!" Professor Flitwick hollered. He cast a nonverbal spell on the whole room, and everything went back to where it was.

"Mister Jackson and Misses Thalia and Getaway, detention with Argus Filch at 8 o'clock on Saturday!"

"Aw come on!" they moaned.

"This is the twenty-fourth time I've got detention with him!" Drew threw her hands up in the air.