26-We Sneak Into Rooms

I just want to see what you guys are all thinking. So who do you think committed the murders?

Leo's POV

That night, after coming back from the library, we went back to our room.

Whizbee, Hey You and Annabeth's snowy owl (I can't think of a name for Annabeth's owl and Piper's cat, heelp) fluttered around the ceiling, Whizbee crashing into everything. Piper's cat get trying to eat Whizbee, and I had no doubt that Whizbee could fit in her mouth, so I kept a careful watch on her.

Us demigods decided to settle down and chat about depressing things.

Annabeth took out a piece of parchment and a pen while Whizbee tried to make a nest in Percy's hair, "Okay, who are the prime suspects?"

"Fuhew," Nico said through a mouthful of nachos.

"Put that down!" Annabeth demanded. "This is serious!"

Nico swallowed and put away his nachos. Then he repeated what he had said, "Drew."

"Reasons?"

"Uh, lots of stuff."

Annabeth was about to write that down, then she exhaled and gave Nico a look, "Be more specific."

"I have an idea," I said. "We should discuss this with Dumbledore. Dumbledore said that he knows every student at Hogwarts."

"Hm, alright," we went out the door again, heading to Dumbledore's office so that we could settle down and chat about depressing things.

We couldn't find anyplace to knock, so I knocked on the gargoyle, which annoyed the heck out of it.

"OH CUT IT OUT!" it shrieked. "DO YOU LIKE PEOPLE PUNCHING YOUR EYES?"

I stopped, "Sorry."

The gargoyle's screams of fury had notified Dumbledore of our presence. He told the gargoyle to step aside, and also told me to apologize to it again. I did, and the gargoyle moved aside, grumbling the entire time. We took the stairs to Dumbledore's office, and he whisked six more chairs to his desk.

We all took a seat. And by that I meant we sat down. We didn't stuff a chair into our bags and run off with it. That would be weird.

"Sweets?" Dumbledore offered, gesturing to a bowl of various candy.

Annabeth declined politely while Thalia took a few Fizzing Whizbees.

"We want to discuss with you about who committed the crimes," Annabeth said.

"Ah," Dumbledore sat back in his chair. "Who do you suspect?"

"A lot of people," Annabeth said, looking put out, "it could be anyone." She told him what they knew about the suspect, and how they found out who the Muggle guy is.

Dumbledore sighed, "I am afraid that I am also not very certain. Parents are pulling students out of Hogwarts so they can learn someplace safer. I can't believe...only a year after the Second War, when I thought things would go back to where they were, this happens."

He gazed at all of us, "There is something else you seven might want to know. The slashes found on Logan were made by Sectumsempra, a curse invented by Severus, not the knife. But there is one clue we managed to find. He had dried blood under three of his fingernails. Blood that had magic coursing through them. It was demigod blood."

"Well that narrows our suspect list," Annabeth murmured, "I do know a few people who could be demigods here."

"What type of security is there?" Nico asked, changing the subject. "Besides Argus scanning everyone with that golf club frisbee."