Chapter 9: Sonata of Destiny Part 3

(Slight tearjerker alert! BRING TISSUES!)

As I saw Dio's vampiric presence approaching me and JoJo, my sight grew hazier by the second until I fainted from my earlier aches.

The only words I heard from JoJo right before I was completely knocked out again were:

"What kind of monster have you become!?"

All went black until I felt a lick on my cheek and the rain soaking my sweater vest. I opened my eyes to see Danny curling on my lap whimpering about JoJo still being in the mansion fighting Dio. Speedwagon was seen right next to me as well as father, who was in tears worrying about his son's safety.

"Are you alright, sir?" Speedwagon glanced down to me with concern before I let out a groan from being knocked out twice.

"I'm alright..." my eyes fixated upwards to see the mansion that is now caught on fire. I gasped in fear and got up to my feet so I can grab my most valued item from the fires of hell ― my violin.

"Wait!" Speedwagon alerted me before I ran off to the inferno, "Do not enter the mansion! You're going to get yourself burned!"

I ran inside the mansion and dashed towards the music room, which was upstairs nearby father's chamber. While I went up the stairs, I saw Dio shirtlessly climbing up the walls with only his feet while JoJo is running upwards to the rooftop.

"You climbed the wall in vain, JoJo," Dio cackled with pride, "and your haste to flee from me, all you have done is guaranteed your doom! You will be consumed tonight by the inferno below or by me!"

JoJo turned his head towards me with shock when I reached the second floor.

"Dmitri!" he yelled with bits of worry in his tone, "What are you doing here!? It's too dangerous for you to come here! You ave to get back to safety!"

"I can't!" I cried out, "I'm sorry, but I have to save something I valued most! If it burns away, I would have no regrets that I would have to suffer without it! You go ahead and concentrate on giving Dio hell!"

JoJo began to hold bits of grudges from my risky actions, but he nodded his head in agreement in regards to his worries for me.

I quickly entered the room and found that the flames were about to touch the violin and the bow within a quarter a minute. I took a deep breath before my hands reached for the instrument and hit the embers within a split second from touching them. I gritted my teeth as the heat scolded my knuckles harshly, but I was lucky that I didn't release the violin from them since it was like being bitten by a hell-hound.

I later flew out from the mansion with my body covered with tears and burns from the inferno and collapsed in front of Speedwagon's torso. The violin was miraculously untouched by the flames when I escaped from the mouth of Hell. My head turned towards the burning building with concern and a hint of sorrow as it chips away into the abyss.

JoJo... I quietly prayed in my head, I pray in all that's holy that you'll still be alive from the fires of hell...

The mansion was completely devoured by the flames within minutes after JoJo jumped through the window and tackled down Dio towards the funeral pyre. I'm as worried as Speedwagon while we watch the hellfires decapitate and consume the mansion for five minutes until JoJo flung out of the hellhole and plopped to the floor. Me, Speedwagon, Danny, and father all came up to JoJo who was lying down with burns and bruises around his flesh.

"JoJo!" Speedwagon, father, and I cried out all at once while JoJo tries to utter out a word.

"It's over...."

We all cried tears of relief seeing him still alive; it was a miracle...

"You're a lucky bastard..." Speedwagon carried his body in his arms and started to rejoice tearfully, "JoJo bested him!"

Danny came up to JoJo whimpering about JoJo's unconscious body while father looked up to his son in tears before he turned to the mansion that was burning away.

"JoJo will be after he recovers from the blazing fight." I petted Danny's chin and cooed his whines down, "I know that as soon as he gets back on his feet, you will be happy to see him again."

"My mansion..." Father murmured speechlessly in tears, "I had the fortune to purchase this estate...but it's all gone...what am I going to do...?"

I came up to father and gave him a pat on the shoulder before I replied to him.

"JoJo made his choice, but it's for a good cause. He was trying to eliminate Dio's transcendence against humanity by making a pyre like his life depends on it..."

I looked up to father and showed him the violin that I've saved from the fires of hell before I continued to speak.

"Well...at least I saved this for you."

"M-My violin!" Father gasped with surprise, "H-how did you manage to get out of the building without letting this instrument burn to dust?"

"I'm not sure, but I had a hunch that this item wields a special tribute back in your days. I thought that I should keep it since I've been practicing a series of sonatas and movements since I met JoJo; but since it is yours, I think that you should have it."

I offered father the violin, but he shook his head unusually.

"No," he replied, "I think you should keep what you save. I originally played this violin since 1863, back when I studied about the Baroque era. The sounds coming from this beautiful instrument brought me a sense of nostalgia...it feels as if I had something warning up my heart and soul from above. Seven years ago when you arrived, I would always hear the sounds of bliss muffling right next to my room and remember how I used to perform these pieces you played. Now that you saved this instrument from the flaming debris, I want you to cherish it with all of your heart."

I was in awe as he explained how he used to play the violin and how he used to enjoy how I performed sonatas and other musical pieces around the 18th century.

"A-are you sure?" I asked with a single tear running down my face, "Are you sure you don't want it?"

"Oh, my son," Father shook his head and smiled with tears of joy, "You grew so much and brought so much joy ever since you met JoJo. I'm so proud of you, even now I'm still proud that I have a son like you and Jonathan."

I was so heartfelt by father's words that I gave him a teary hug and sobbed my eyes out. Father hugged me as well while he let his tears run down his face.

As Lucifer's wrath tore down the mansion agonizingly, we all flowed tears of relief and joy as if we were blessed by the angels above. Dio was gone and his body faded into the ashes from the inferno. Even though we thought that the Sonata of Destiny was over, it was only the beginning of my own fate now that I have to cherish what was left from the flames to my hands.

< To Be Continued |\/\|