Epilogue

(BEEG TEAR-JERKER ALERT, SO BE WARNED!)

(Jonathan's POV)

My beloved brother I knew as a lad has sacrificed his life to protect me from the everlasting nightmare caused by Dio's selfish demeanor. I was still alive as well as my dear wife, Erina when we saw this cruel fate flash before our eyes back at the disintegrating ship; now we were left alone at sea with nothing but the violin of the deceased Demetrio Brando held within my grasp. I looked down at the ill-fated violin and felt something sparked in me; something that was warming the depths of my heart with the ebbing of a familiar tune — The Hamon Serenade.

I heard this piece before on the night before me and my wife went on a honeymoon to America. The beautiful vibratos coming from the violin echoed in my head and urged me play the melody gracefully just like how my father used to perform in his early days. I closed my eyes and tried to relish the music without grieving about Dmitri's fate; but as I embraced the darkness from my eyelids, I could remember the first time I heard him playing the violin with the elegance of a single snowflake falling down from the winter sky. My ears never heard such grace from a youthful violinist like my brother since I was born, not even a single person would get the notes correctly unlike him. As time goes on, his music bloomed into a sonata for the future when we learned the arts of hamon to fight off the reanimated corpses. Now that I thought of these memories, I started to shed even more tears than Erina. While I performed the serenade alone with my sorrows blocking my way, I heard a voice echoing among the swaying ocean waves...

It's alright if you cry...Jonathan Joestar...I'm always here for you...

I looked behind and saw the ghost of...my dearest brother...?

"D....." I sobbed as my eyes locked with the spirit's while I tried to utter out his name speechlessly.

I wanted to halt the serenade to give him a hug, but I just couldn't stop it — my brother's spiritual presence prevented me from cutting the music short.

Dmitri followed the blissful melody on his violin and made my solo into a beautiful duet. Our melodies intertwined and formed a sentimental harmony without explanation. I heard the additional violin waltzing with mine as I saw him smiling with a tear flowing across his cheek. Erina didn't saw the ghost, but heard the duet as clear a day and started to wonder if the transparent violin was coming from my brother.

No matter how harsh I have gone through... no matter how much I suffered... I will always be there to protect you as a spirited angel...

His voice was so calm as the ocean waves itself... I could almost hear it comfort my lonely soul...

A ship heard our serenade from 50 meters away and sailors saw us lost near the Canary Islands. Right after the duet faded into a solo, the ship carried me, my wife, and the coffin aboard — rescuing us in the process and took us to the pier nearby the American shores.

When we reached ashore nearby the Chelsea Piers, Dmitri's ghost reappeared and held both of my hands as his eyes met with mine. I couldn't stop crying when I saw his face again... He wiped my tears away with his thumb and hummed to me that everything will be alright.

"Dmitri..."

JoJo...

We gave each other a heartfelt hug as I began to sob loud enough to make Erina worry about me.

"Jonathan," she asked with concern, "are you alright?"

"Dmitri..." I sobbed his name in reply.

"Is there something about him?"

"I...saw him....he's right there for me...it's a miracle..."

All Erina saw was a blur of light right next to me as I began to sniffle from the heartfelt reunion.

"Um...Jonathan, shall we get going?" She asked another question that snapped me out of my tears, "I just don't want to spend time staying at the pier for too long."

"Oh, r-right. We should find somewhere to spend the rest of our spousal lives in."

And so, we decided to live in an apartment room near the city streets and spend our spousal time for the next few decades while I reminisce about the violinist of destiny that rescued me and my companions' lives through out my life. The legacy of his music will be within my grasp and I will make sure that nothing will corrupt this bequest he passed on to me.

Forty-Nine Years Later:

I was playing a fugue on the violin until Erina gave me a letter from one of my oldest friends.

The letter read out,

Dear Jonathan,

            I know it's been a while since I sent a message to you, but I hoped that you, Dmitri, and Erina are doing well after your voyage to America. Currently, I will be heading off to the ancient ruins in Mexico to investigate about the stone mask Zeppeli recently told me about when he told me about his past; I also founded out that there's a statue carved in the caverns among that area according to one of my workers. It would likely be a little too dangerous for me and my workers to travel to the south; but if you have a chance to do a little research, it will be pleasant if you could meet up at the foundation headquarters before we could departure to Mexico. Thanks in advanced for reading this and I wished for you and Erina to still enjoy your lively romance together.

                                                                                                                                           Signed,

                                                                                                                                            Robert E.O. Speedwagon

I read the letter carefully until I stopped at the part when I have to meet up at the Speedwagon Foundation headquarters.

"Erina," I turned to my beloved as I placed the paper in my pocket, "I will be meeting up with an old friend who's going to Mexico. It will take me about a week to return back to Manhattan."

"But, what if something bad happens to you?" My love asked worriedly as if I was taking almost every risk.

"I'll be fine, beauté. Don't worry about me."

I walked to my wife and gave her a soft kiss on the lips to ease the troubled thoughts before I head towards the door.

"I'll come back before the week is over."

My wife saw me left the room and wished for me to have a safe journey to Mexico before I closed the door.

My new journey will raise its curtains as I head off to the ancient ruins of which the stone mask was originated. I wondered how this investigation would turn out even if I've already written some notes on the stone mask and its origins, but I haven't know about the carved man that's within the depths of the foregone cavern ― just yet. ❧