Chapter 18

Dontae

Dontae

"Run it again and run it right!" Coach Harvey yelled at us.

We were learning a new play, but this shit was complicated as fuck. Me and Bryce keep running into each and messing our routes up.

"Blue 42! Blue 42! Hike!"

I sprinted straight a few yards before taking a turn and immediately hitting the ground.

"Fuck!" I yelled out holding my knee. I couldn't move my right leg.

Everyone crowed around me as Sandy, our trainer, pushed everyone out the way and told them to give me space. She kneeled in front of me and started to examine my knee. She would move it a certain way and tell me to rate the pain.

"I won't know for sure until I can get you a MRI scan, but I think you tore your meniscus." She told me making me groan. If it ain't one thing it's another.

A few of my teammates came over and lifted me assisting me to the training room because she didn't even want me to attempt to walk on it.

"Anyone you wanna call to come help you?" She asked elevating my leg and putting ice on for now.

"Nah, my boys will come get me after practice." I told her.

"Okay I'm gonna go set up an appointment. I'll be right back." She walked away from me so I threw my arm over my eyes just angry at the world now.

"Okay so his appointment is at 11:00. Can you make sure he gets there?" I overheard Sandy talking to someone. I must've dozed off.

"You know I got you." Andrew smiled making Sandy smile.

"I know how y'all are is there anyone that can care for him and make sure this knee stays iced?"

"Oh leave that all to Angel. She will be on him like white of rice."

Angel doesn't play about my health, hell anyone's health. She steady making sure we've drunk water and at least had one fruit everyday. That's my baby though, so I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Okay then it's settled. Take this wheelchair and crushes. I want absolutely no pressure on this leg. I don't care how light then answer is no." Sandy was now looking at me so I nodded.

"Thanks Sandy."

"Just doing my job pumpkin." She said as they helped me off the table and into the wheelchair. I noticed my knee was wrapped up to probably keep me from bending it.