Chapter 7

Nevaeh

I stood there patiently waiting in the parking lot playing with thin cardigan I had on. Suddenly a Honda pulled up in front of me and the car was put in park. He hopped out and gave me that adorable smile.

"Ready?" He asked walking over pulling me gently into a hug kissing the top of my head ever so softly.

I was too flustered to speak so I just nodded my head. He opened my door and waited until I was all the way before closing it. I have to keep reminding myself that this wasn't a date,

"Bowling right?" He confirmed the plans that we made earlier in the day.

"Yes." I smiled at him as he continued to smile back that dimple showing.

"How was it back home?" I asked him.

"Beautiful as always. I'm taking you with me next time and I'm not taking no for an answer." He playfully glared at me.

"Izzy we already talked about this." I laughed softly. He shook his head. "Yea I know your dad wouldn't feel comfortable."

"Exactly." My dad is very over protective I couldn't even cross the state line with a boy imagine how he'd feel if I crossed the ocean.

"If I had a daughter as beautiful as you I wouldn't want her to even think about leaving with a boy." He smiled intertwining our hands and kissing the back of mine.

This isn't a date.

"Got any new poems for me to read?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I do actually. There's no need to read it, when I can recite it for you." I bit my lip with anticipation as we pulled into the parking lot of the bowling alley. He turned slightly to me and looked at me over the rim of his glasses.

(Poem is not mine! It's by John P. Read.)

"Memories are life's special moments
Borrowed from the passing of time.
Ghosts and shadows from bygone days,
Etched, and stored inside our mind.

Our minds are a memory album
Where the past and present meet,
Memories we lovingly cling to
That make the heart skip a beat.

Some we would like to forget.
Some we love to treasure.
Some memories become precious gifts
That live on forever and ever.

Yes, memories are precious moments,
And I have quiet a few,
The memories I treasure the most
Are those I made with you"

I kid you not, my heart began melting with every passing word. He was so passionate and intimate about it. Then his accent...this isn't a freaking date Nevaeh!

"Wow! Israel..." I looked at him stunned because he truly left me speechless. He leaned in a left a lingering kiss on my cheek.

"Come on so you can lose at every game in there." He smirked leaving the car. I opened the door as soon as he got to my side and he gave me a scolding look. I just smiled sheepishly and grabbed his hand out of habit.

I felt like a kid in a candy shop the way the arcade game lights flashed across my face making me all giddy and super excited. We walked up to the counter and even though he said I wasn't paying for anything I had already made up my mind that I would at least pay for laser tag and some of the games.

"What size would you like ma'am?" The girl behind the desk asked me even though her eyes were trained on him. She was maybe 17 at the oldest.