Chapter 6

Angel

"Class is tomorrow!" I groaned walking into Kali's room.

"Please don't remind us." Dominik said from her desk. Baby furniture was pulled up on his laptop.

Dominik is definitely cool people. If he wasn't such a player I could see him and Kali dating, but at the same time they are too much alike.

"What y'all looking at?" I asked laying next to Kali rubbing her belly. My new favorite thing to do.

"Just gender neutral furniture." She said looking around her room. I grabbed her laptop and started scrolling through the website.

"Ight so my cart total is $697.89." Dom said making my eyes widen. He walked over to us and laid on the other end of the bed giving Kali his computer.

"Ooo this cute as hell, but where is it going?" She asked talking about the crib. We began talking about arrangements that could made once the baby actually gets here.

"No boyfriend today?" Kali asked smirking at me. Ever since we got back to school Dontae and I have been conjoined at the hip.

"Nah we needed space we was starting to get on each other's nerves for real." I laughed remembering how I mocked him for 2 minutes straight and he choked my ass which resulted to some naughty naughty things.

"Dom when do you plan on settling?" I asked watching him swipe left and right on Tinder. That thing ain't nothing but a sex app.

"I'm young baby, what's the rush?" He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. Just like a hoe.

"What y'all tryna though?" He asked sitting up.

"Take a motherfucking nap!" Kali said moving everything off her bed.

"I second that." I said getting comfortable right next to her.

"Y'all lame as hell." He said mugging us cuddled up. "Make room for me though."

•••

"Knock knock" A voice said, but it was ignored.

"Oh is this a bad time?" They asked.

"Nigga shut the fuck up!" Dom snapped making me snicker. Not we all grumpy people when we're woken up.

"Oh! Hunter hey cutie." Kali yawned sitting up. I opened my eyes and sure enough Hunter's adorable self was standing in the doorway.

"Y'all know him?" Dom asked looking between the three of us.

"Yes now be nice." Kali said hitting his chest.

"Uh Khalil said you asked for me?" He asked his face a reddish color. He definitely has a crush on Kali or he's embarrassed about Dom.

"Yes! Remember I told you I was gonna catch you up on last year's shenanigans since you're part of the group now." She said allowing him room on the bed. He walked over and shyly sat on the edge.

"Okay so let's start from the beginning..."

"Ooo please don't forget about the time we almost got kicked out for smoking!" I laughed at this point my stomach was cramping.

"Oh my god yes! This was a week Angel and I were on good terms and I had just came home and had some weed with me and asked if she wanted to smoke. Our dumb asses do it in the bathroom and the shower wasn't hot enough so that shit leaked and it went to both of our rooms. Man the RA said we had a hour to get rid of the smell before she called the director."

"I ain't never cleaned so vigorously in my whole life." I sighed wiping a tear. We really got in some shit last year.

By the end of all the stories Hunter was now laid across the bottom laughing his ass off with the rest of us.

"So lemme get this straight you don't know who the father and that doesn't scare you?" He asked and Kali shrugged. "I mean yea sure, but like I'm 99% it's Jalen's. Fuck him now though."

"And Jayda and Trevon been dating a whole year?" He said making Kali and I look at each other.

"They broke up yesterday." I sighed genuinely upset for them. Especially Jayda I know she loves that man with everything bone in her body.

"That explains why he was crying." He mumbled making me perk up.

"Tre was crying??" I was shocked to say the least.

"Oh yea, I've never seen anyone that upset. Khalil ended up crashing in my room because he didn't want to be around anyone." He said and I jumped up running to Jayda's room. I tried to open the door, but it was locked.

"Jaybaby open the door please." I knocked. Last night when she came back from the talk she was upset, but she didn't wanna y'all about it. I haven't seen her since we all said good night and it's almost five o'clock in the afternoon.

"What's going on?" Hunter asked as Kali rushed to the kitchen to look for the master key.

"Jayda is emotional as fuck so if Trevon was crying there's no telling what state she's in right now." I said helping her look. Dom just chilled on the couch because we all know he doesn't really care. Especially since he doesn't know Jayda like that.

"Here! Here!" She said shoving the key in my hand. I rand back to her room and unlocked the door stuffing the key in my pocket.

I slowly pushed the door open and found her knocked out in nothing but Trevon's soccer jersey on the floor. Her room though... Jesus Christ.

"Shit." Kali mumbled as we creeped inside. There was clothes everywhere. Tissue surrounded her body along with the box. An empty bottle of red wine on her dresser. There were some pictures of the two cut up and some of them were burnt as if she lit them on fire.

"Oh wow." Hunter mumbled picking up a shattered picture frame. She was going through it last night for real.

"Mmmhm." She groaned rubbing her eyes. Once she opened them she just looked at us blankly before bursting into tears.

"Shh. Shh. Shh." I immediately said dropping to the floor and pulling her into my arms.

"It hurts." She sobbed into my shoulder.

"I know baby. I know." I whispered rubbing her back. I mouthed to Hunter to call Khalil. He nodded his head and slowly backed out of the room.

Kali shook her head and left the room as well. I continued to hold her and rock us as I waited for my reinforcements. Hunter has came back and started cleaning up. I love him already.

"Jayda..." Khalil sighed walking into the room.

"I really did it and I regret it so much." She lifted her head revealing a big wet patch on my shirt. My poor tink tink was heartbroken.

"I know it hurts now, but you will over come this." I whispered kissing the top of her head.