"It's okay pups, I'm not mad," I say against his hair before pressing a kiss to his head. "I could never be mad at you."

Evan's arms somehow hold me tighter, his skin pressing against mine tightly. His shoulders relax and he melts into me, every fibre in my body burning with feeling content.

He sniffs harshly. "The toast is burning," he tells me and we both reluctantly pull away.

In all honesty, fuck the toast.

It was still dark by the time we go back upstairs to my room. Evan hovers around the bed as I sit down on the couch and watch. "Are you going to be okay to sleep?" I question him.

Evan begins to pick at the skin on his fingers, his head shifting in different directions.

"What's the matter?" I ask noticing his strange behaviour.

His eyes snap to mine before they move to the bed and back to me again slowly. I knew what he wanted, he was scared to say it. For a few moments we continue to stare at each other until I push up from the couch and walk round the bed.

Pulling back the sheets on the side he didn't sleep in. Evan watches my actions and quickly climbs into the bed before I can, hiding his body under the sheets.

Just as I put my head against the pillow, I turn to turn out the bedside table lamp. The room completely stretching into darkness.

We lay face to face but neither of us touch, I could hear his breathing. I couldn't see but I knew his eyes were open and they were looking directly at me.

"Will you tell me something?" I whisper to him after a few moments.

Evan shifts in the sheets.

"I know you like to talk in the dark, so will you answer a question I have?" My voice is soft, not intimidating. I wanted nothing more than for him to confide in me and trust that he could speak to me about things that troubled him.

"Yes," Evan croaks before bed buries his head into the pillow.

Taking a deep breath before I prepare myself for what I'm going to say. "I need you to be completely honest with me, okay?"

"Okay,"

"Tell me right now if you think you need professional help," I start and the room falls silent. "And I don't mean just going to therapy and taking medication. Do you think that you need full support 24/7?"

Evan sniffles and I couldn't tell if this had upset him.

"I don't care about money or if you're worried that people are going to talk and judge. Pups, if you need the extra help you are going to have to tell me." I couldn't take knowing what I saw in my dream and not even trying to take action. I'm not going to sit back and let him hurt himself again.

Evan needed help from an institution, a place where they keep you safe and give you the best treatment they can. A place where he is helped and supervised at every hour of the day.

"Do you need professional help?" I repeat.

Evan clears his throat. "Yes," he mumbles, his voice cracking slightly.