premonition .50

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Trigger warning: details in suicide ideation

CALEB VELLA

Trying to keep Evan awake before the doctor arrived was proving to be difficult, he grunted continuously and buried his body into mine. Desperate for my touch.

Zara was on her hands and knees clearing up Evan's sick, attempting not to gag but she did a good job. I knew she was a real one.

The doctor checks Evan over and ensures us that because he's awake and breathing, the likelihood of him having an overdose is slim. Having mentioned that he vomited the undigested tablets up, the doctor was happy to leave us.

If anything else happens then we should call the ambulance as soon as possible but he just needed rest. Some of the Xanax would have kicked in at this point and we knew that he would fall into a deep sleep soon.

Carrying Evan up to my room, he falls asleep against my shoulder. Kicking my door open with my foot and gently letting him down onto my bed, his body almost swallowed by the duvet.

His t-shirt was covered in sick and I hated the idea of him sleeping in this state. My feet move to my wardrobe and I dig for a spare top, wanting nothing more than for him to feel comfortable.

Peeling the stained fabric from his chest and replacing it with one of mine, my eyes wander down to his sweatpants and decide not to take them off. Tucking Evan under the black bed sheets and perching on the edge as I stare down at him.

His eyes clamped shut, I couldn't help but reach up and run his brown curls through my fingers.

"I'm here baby," I whisper. My hand trails from his face and down his arm, griping onto his little fingers. Bringing them up to my lips as I kiss gently. "I'm always here."

After feeling content with leaving Evan alone in my bed, I turn off the light and pull the door ajar. Taking a shower to clean myself up, resisting the urge to storm to Jaxon's house and demand to see Miles. Every inch of my body needed a distraction because I was a second away from letting my mind take control.

Instead I turn the shower to the coldest setting and close my eyes tightly. Focusing on the chills that shoot down my spine at the temperature.

I don't know how long I spent in the shower but it felt like hours. By the time I get back to my room, Evan hadn't moved an inch. His body laying in the same position as I left him.

Pulling on a pair of boxers and standing in the middle of my room. My eyes look at the space beside Evan but I knew better, I shouldn't invade his privacy. He needs the distance between us, he needs to make those decisions himself.

Perching down onto the couch beside my desk, laying down so I can pull a blanket over my body. Positioning my view towards the bed, watching Evan for a few moments before I attempted to sleep.

There is a hole in my heart and I knew it would only be full when Evan is in my arms for good.

. . .

Opening my eyes to the room still completely dark, my eyes hurt. Stung even. My body felt exhausted, my mind completely needed that rest.