21. protection

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

EVAN WOLFE

My body ached when Caleb left, a feeling that I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to. My heart was pounding continuously against my chest, blood was rushing through every vein in my body.

Ava convinces me to see a doctor but I didn't want to leave the house, so she got someone to come to us.

My wound wasn't as bad as everyone made out, it only needed a few paper stitches. But if it doesn't begin to heal within the next few weeks then I needed to go to the hospital to get it checked out again. I was going to do everything I could to not let that happen.

I toss and turn all night, nothing was comfortable for my head and my head wasn't comfortable with my thoughts. My eyes are shut but my mind is wide open, hours and hours pass and I can't recall falling asleep once.

My whole body itched with irritation, my finger nails trace the scabbed scars on my wrists. I scratch and scratch. There is absolutely no reason I should be doing this but I am and I already hate myself for it. It doesn't hurt but it feels uncomfortable and that's enough to distract me from my thoughts. My finger tips feel damp but I ignore the feeling.

When the sun rises into my room I know that it's Saturday morning, the night I get to spend with Caleb alone. The thought excited me but I was still mentally shaken, I felt like a dead soul inside a dead body.

But then again, when didn't I feel like that?

My stomach rumbles and I forget that I haven't eaten in ages, I drag my feet down the hall and when I reach the top of the stairs I see Sam. Halting to a stop instantly, my eyes watch as he opens the front door with a travel bag in hand.

When I focus on his face I notice that he has two black eyes and a split lip. Did Jaxon do that to him?

My head races with different thoughts. Surely if Jaxon had done that he would have healed by now? Did this just happen?

Sam leaves promptly as he slams the door loudly behind him.

I scurry down the stairs and straight into the kitchen where Ava is feeding Aurora her breakfast. "Hey Evan," she smiles as soon as she sees me. "How's your head?"

Aurora grins directly at me, her little growing teeth all on show. "Evan!" She yells.

I smile towards her and wave.

"It's okay," I say as I bring my hand up to the back of the bandage and turn to look at Ava. "Did Jaxon do that to Sams face?"

Ava looks me dead in the eye. "You think Jax would do that?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

I shrug in response, I honestly didn't know if Jaxon would do that. Hurting a member of his pack. You can't really fight violence with violence, it doesn't ethically work.

"Trust me when I say that he wanted to hurt Sam, Sam told him what happened." She says as she takes a banana from the fruit bowl and begins to peel it.

"Sam told him?" I question confused.

Ava nods. "Apparently he exploded into this rage about you being gay and stuff to do with Caleb. Jaxon was not happy in the slightest, so he sent him away." She breaks the banana into little chunks and feeds them to Aurora.