two☀️

THE PRETTY CHANGE

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

Soobin- first perspective:

I felt like a creep sometimes.
Maybe it wasn't really a big deal but for someone like me, it was.
I was the type to ignore anything that could breathe.
But I was oddly interested in the bruised guy I passed every morning. Since he looked close to my age I decided he went to the government college which was near my house.
We had bumped into each other once and that led to the death of my PSP. I know it was him because he had bright neon hair that was fading like the bruises on his face.
At first I thought he came from an abusive household, then I thought of him to be delinquent and lastly decided he got bullied.
But maybe not since his bruises were fading and not multiplying.
I was not interested in him because of his bruises though, I was interested because he always walked really slowly when he passed by the clothes and jewellery stores and always peeked inside.

Maybe he has a girlfriend...

But the disappointment and joy that would overtake his face seemed too genuine for a boyfriend.
It can't be for himself though... he doesn't seem the type considering his outfits.
He always wore black and had every inch of his body covered.
Whenever we passed, I would look at him. But my stare never got reciprocated.
He never noticed me as an individual but as a passerby and I was happy by that. If he noticed me looking at him with a peculiar stare every single day, he might beat me up.
One of my main reasons to look at him was that as his bruises slowly vanished, his features stood out more.
His cat-eyes, red lips and overall softness.
I was gay, so I definitely found myself crushing on him a little though bad boys will never be my type.
Maybe one day I'll grow balls to talk to him, but until then, I'll just watch him.

🌻🌻🌻

This was unexpected.
After two weeks of watching 'neon' and studying his patterns and behaviours, he had never acted this way or done this.
He walked out of the jewellery store looking ecstatic.
Did he finally have enough to spend?
I suppose.
I was returning back home and we passed each other again.
We always crossed each other twice a day. Once in the morning and the second time after 5.
He always watched from the outside and I was happy to see he finally went in.

🌻🌻🌻

Well, well, well.
Now, 'neon' walked out the clothes store, he didn't look ecstatic like when he had walked out the jewellery store a week ago. He looked around as if searching for someone.
He sprinted oddly and bumped into me. I was too shaken to move away.
His shopping bags fell and I noticed the content.
Colourful pastel clothes and cloth accessories like a beret and scarves and chokers.
Wow.
He hurriedly tried collecting all the items and I helped him.
"Uh-uh... it-it's not for me!" he squeaked when I handed him the clothes.
This only confirms it.
I raise my brow and he looked panicked. He snatched the items from my hold and forced it into the bag and ran away.
So, all those were really for him.
I slowly walk past the stores and peek in.
The things were so expensive even for me and I come from a rich family.
How did he manage to get that much money?
I shrug to myself as I proceed my way to my home.
My curiosity of 'neon' had peaked.

🌻🌻🌻

It had been a few days since I last saw neon and I was partly disappointed and partly unbothered.
He was like a hobby or a small highlight of my boring days. I laugh a little at my thought.
That sounded wrong.
But more than anything, I was curious as to what had happened to him. So I concluded on many possibilities.
The first thought was that he died, second was that he moved away and third was that he found a new path.
But a small portion in me wished I would see him again.
That didn't happen and in the end I gave up on ever seeing him again.
And maybe that was why I was shocked to see him standing outside 'Mimi'. Or maybe it was because I didn't expect to see him dressed like an elegant mistress.
Neon wore a pink cotton shirt with a long ribbon around the collar and lace at the cuffs, which was paired with a white ankle length trousers and brown slip on. He had a white beret on his head as well.
As I came closer, I noticed the soft and perfected make-up adorning his face and the pretty earrings hanging from his ears.
His eyes were focused on his phone screen and he looked serious.
I was so shocked that I didn't even realize I was speaking until he said,
"Excuse me!?" with a blush on his cheeks.

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

They interacted...
But things get personal after this chapter...