Chapter 2

"The Beginning"

"Uwaaaaaaa!" Boruto gasped, his lungs were searching for some air to breathe. Sweats dropping off his forehead.

"A dream?" He muttered.

"It was a weird dream..." He added.

He looked at the clock on the side table, it's past 2 o'clock in the morning. He slammed his back on the bedsheets once again...

***

*yawns*

Walking downstairs with a sleepy head, Boruto heard his mom and little sister talking.

"Boruto, glad you're awake," Hinata uttered and gave him a sweet smile.

"Big bro, breakfast is ready I helped mom preparing these!" Himawari proudly told and cheerfully ran towards him who sluggishly heading to the dining table.

"Boruto, you seem so tired. Are you okay?" His mom asked. She was so worried about him. Boruto then acted strangely, he gave her a wide smile telling her he was fine.

"I am fine, 'ttebasa!" He grinned in front of her but, he could clearly see how anxious she was with his answer. Her white eyes possessing the power of the Byakugan gloomed and guilt started to make Boruto uneasy for lying to his mom. That dream bothered him so much that it kept him awake all the while.

"You don't need to worry about me mom. I just had a weird dream last night but, it's fine now. Let's eat!" He told her and started picking up stuff from the plates. Hinata, though still worried, settled and joined her children on breakfast.

***

"Boruto, you're late!" A black-haired girl with glasses pointed out to him.

She was Sarada Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha and Sakura Haruno's daughter and Boruto's teammate.

He looked on her side and there was a white-haired pale boy smiling at him. It was Mitsuki, known to be Orochimaru's son, and Boruto's teammate as well.

"Hah! Big Brother Konohamaru isn't here yet, so I am not the one who is late here!" He blurted with a boastful tone.

"Can't you be more respectful? Call me Sensei, idiot!" A guy talked behind his back.

The guy was Konohamaru Sarutobi, the Third Hokage's grandson, the Seventh Hokage's apprentice, and Boruto's Jounin leader.

"Yay!" Boruto shouted to his surprise.

"I apologize, big bro-- ah, Sensei!" He said. Sarada rolled her eyes while crossing her arms and Mitsuki silently laughed at him.

"Konohamaru-Sensei, why do you call us here today?" Sarada asked.

Boruto and Mitsuki were curious about what they were up to as well. They attentively stared at Konohamaru and patiently waiting for him to speak.

"Actually, Lord Seventh called you for a mission." He declared.

Boruto's eyes sparkled in response to Konohamaru's declaration.

"Is that a B-Rank, A-Rank, or S-Rank mission?" He asked. He was very excited and was feeling enthusiastic hearing about the mission. Sarada and Mitsuki remained silent.

"Actually, It's a D-Rank mission," Konohamaru confirmed.

Boruto's enthusiasm turned into dismay, he fell upon his feet and lost all the energy he had a while ago.

"What's wrong, Boruto?" Mitsuki asked.

"Aaah! I am disappointed. I thought we could have a much higher rank mission today." Boruto said not paying attention to his surroundings.