Chapter 6

Dahyun's POV

These past few weeks, Nayeon and I have been very close, I mean really close. Sometimes, I don't know if she knows that she's flirting with me or she's just oblivious that she's doing it.

I went to their apartment everytime I have some time, just to visit her four-year-old kid and play with her and have some movie marathon with her, or whatever she wanted us to do. But sometimes, I tried to make up some time for the kid because I don't want to let her down. It's a scary thought that I'm getting too attached at the four-year-old kid and her mom too much.

As I was trying to make the kid happy, I didn't even realize that I'm already falling for the little girl, not romantically, but I'm falling in love with her like she's my own child. And I didn't even know that my feelings for Nayeon is going really deep.

I'm sitting on one of the bar stool as I watch our employees to clean the whole place. Another famous celebrity had booked The Grid so we called everyone for an early call time.

"Hey," I glance my head and saw the older girl that I've been hanging around lately.

"Hey," I greeted her with a smile and she takes a seat next to me. "What's up?"

"I just finished cleaning the bar equipments and I'm exhausted." The bunny looking girl groaned lowly.

I chuckled at her softly and turn my body to face her. "So, how's working here at The Grid?"

She just started her work as a bartender two weeks ago and she told me that it's not that hard to mix the alcohol drinks, if you knew what alcohol beverages you're going to use.

I heard from the other bartenders that Nayeon had the same shift, that some of our customers are giving the young mom some great tips every night and Nayeon told me that she's really happy because she will not be going to stress herself out to pay for her daughter's education, now that Minjee just started going to school three weeks ago.

She told me that she quitted her job as a barista at some local coffee shop but she's still teaching music class for kids, whenever the school needed a substitute teacher because the original teacher are either sick or just having a vacation.

"Well, it's really cool plus the employees here are really kind and friendly towards me." She beamed and that broke me out of my thoughts.

I nodded my head at her as I muttered out, good.

"Tell me if someone tries to mess up with you here, okay? I'm going to beat their asses up." I said with a serious hint in my voice.

"You've said that to me a million times." She laughed and Nayeon place her hand on top of mine that's resting on my lap then she brushes off her thumbs on my skin. I can feel the shiver run down to my spine as I can feel her warmth against me. "I told you can handle myself if ever someone will be a bitch to me."

I cleared my throat and slowly snatch my hand that she's holding and run my fingers through my hair. "Yeah, yeah. I know, but still... I don't want anyone here to give you some hard time everytime you're working."

"I know you're looking after me, but I got it, Dahyunie. Don't worry about it."

When her lips twitch up and my eyes landed to her and see that stupid smile plastered in her beautiful face, it just making me fall for her even more. I mentally curse and scolded myself because I can't catch feelings for her, or for anyone. I'm scared because I know I will only be hurt if I ever fall in love.

I sighed and flicker my eyes over the bunny's shoulder and mumbled out, "Okay,"

A comfortable silence fell between us. I let my eyes wander around this place and I saw most of our employees are taking a break and some are finishing up their works.