26

After that embarrassing incident, I decided  to stay in my room in hopes of taking a nap, but my mind is buzzing, making it difficult to even think about sleep, but at least I'm relaxed, grabbing my book, feeling comfortable enough to advance in the story, feeling myself getting sucked into the story.

-

I'm not sure how long I'd spent reading, but by the time I just started onto the next book, there was a knock, breaking my concentration on the book, "come in!" I called out, as the door opened, revealing Ash, "hey, I just wanted to check on you and...well to ask you something," she said, shifting nervously around, closing the door for privacy, "I'm fine, and go ahead, you know I don't mind you asking questions," I said, giving her a recurring smile, patting at the empty space I made for her; she took the offer, leaving enough space between us.

Ash cleared her throat before turning to face me, her face flushing ever so slightly, "I was wondering...if maybe you wanted to...um..go on a date this sunday," she stammered quickly, and of course my body immediately heated up, as eyes widen, but I quickly recovered so I can give her a response, but of course life hates me, "they're here!!" Oklen yelled, startling both of us off the bed onto our feet, "shit, they already found us," Ash growled, sniffing the air, "uhhh," I let out in fear, not even remotely ready for all this.

Ash grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the room into the hallway where Oklen stood, "take this, but use it wisely," she said, handing me a handgun, and I wanted to say something, but I decided it's best to save it for later when we're not in danger; there was a loud crash, the sound of wood getting chopped down, and loud growls broke the air as we moved, "we know your here little piggy, we can smell ya and your fear," the voice of my nightmares yelled, my body shaking violently in fear, as tears swelled up, Ash immediately put her arm around me, calming some of my fear, but she moved away, her body shifting into her other form.

And in a flash, the fight for survival beginned as Ash caught Colleen's arm in her massive jaw, taking her down in surprise; I ran out along with Oklen, the gunn held high as one those things came after me, but I quickly pulled the trigger, shooting them in the head with a loud bang, cringing away from the body, as I start to observe the situation.

There's ten of them, not counting the one I just shot, advancing their way into the house I called my safe haven, but I don't have time to think, I needed to take action like Ash taught me, so I ran over to the right side of the living room, shooting one of the bastards in the left tendon, causing it to fall and shriek out in pain, Oklen immediately shutting it up by crushing its head before moving in to the next target, and I did the same.